PDA

View Full Version : BEST Warranty

jalpert
06-05-2016, 06:10 PM
I did not purchase the extended warranty when I purchased my spyder. Soon it will be two years so my warranty will expire. I would be interested in finding out if you think the extended warranty is worth it. Have you experienced any problems that you thought it would cover but it did not? Did you purchase the 12, 24, 36, or 48 month plan? Any feedback is appreciated.

JayBros
06-05-2016, 06:59 PM
A Spyder isn't a dishwasher or microwave that retailers suck money out of customers' pockets for extended warranties with little risk of having to pay out. If you read on the BRP web site what is covered under the B.E.S.T. warranty and your pockets are deep enough that they can afford to replace major components, electrical or mechanical, skip the warranty and ride on. OTOH, if you shop for the best price you can get on a B.E.S.T warranty it just might save you some serious green down the road. YMMV.

jalpert
06-05-2016, 07:06 PM
My crystal ball is broken ........your Spyder is a ........( which type and year )........Mike
2014 ST-S

Highwayman2013
06-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Best warranty, call Bert's Mega Mall.http://www.bertsmegamall.com/

RussRT
06-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Betts Mega Mall. I just purchased 3 additional years on my 2015 RT Limited. You won't believe their prices!

SpyderAnn01
06-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I had the 3 year extended on my 2010 and, in addition to paying for what could have been some expensive repairs after the OEM warranty expired, I feel that when I sold the Spyder I got more for it since it still had 2 years of warranty left on it. I have 3 year extended on my current Spyder also.

Tango
06-05-2016, 08:34 PM
I would not own a Spyder with out an extended warranty. :hun: Too many electronics that could go kaflooey. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Empty Pockets
06-06-2016, 07:20 AM
I did not purchase the extended warranty when I purchased my spyder. Soon it will be two years so my warranty will expire. I would be interested in finding out if you think the extended warranty is worth it. Have you experienced any problems that you thought it would cover but it did not? Did you purchase the 12, 24, 36, or 48 month plan? Any feedback is appreciated.

Extended warranty saved JT thousands see dead Spyder thread. I have them on my Spyders. Wouldn't consider being without an extended warranty

exwinger
06-06-2016, 08:20 AM
There is no way I'd ever buy another spyder and not get the BEST warranty . I have been one of the unlucky ones with a multitude of problems and the warranty has way more than paid for itself. In the shop again and the cost for just the part is more than what I paid for the warranty . You may never need it unlike me but if you do you won't regret it .Never had any disputes with being denied .

oldguyinTX
06-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Betts Mega Mall. I just purchased 3 additional years on my 2015 RT Limited. You won't believe their prices!

:agree::agree: Bought a 3 year last Friday from Bert's. $679.00. Contact Jennifer Basa @ 626-974-6600 ext 492 jennifer.basa@bertsmegamall.com or Bryce Page @ 626-430-9449 bryce.page@bertsmagamall.com. Expect it to be 2 or 3 days before you hear from them as they are quite busy. But well worth the wait. Just make sure you get it done BEFORE your factory warranty expires.

jalpert
06-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all of the great information. I have heard horror stories of extended warranties on cars where claims were denied so I wanted to be sure this wasn't the same.

My warranty doesn't expire until September but I thought it was time to start looking around.

murphybrown
06-06-2016, 09:36 AM
Purchased from Bert's MegaMall on my 2010 RT...Had a year left when I traded it in...10 miles with new owner and seized the engine. $50 bill to get brand new engine. Even tho I didn't personally benefit...it was a factor in what I got for trade in value.
2014 and 2016 Spyders...extended warranty is always part of my purchase amount. Bert's Mega Mall is great place to buy. Pitbull Powersports (Springfield, MO) has matched them on my last two..
It is insurance...but unless you are a master Spyder Tech and have a wholesale outlet for parts...if needed It is a bargain.
Yep I'm a definite GET IT...sooooo worth the insurance and assurance that for $50 whatever the issue is (other than owner abuse..and sometimes that gets covered....) :thumbup:

manman007
06-06-2016, 10:35 AM
I got Best warranty on mine , after basic 2 years from factory , I will have 3 more years extended warranty , that be good right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk