Yes, I agree the F3 is designed to be a bit sportier but it isn't that much cheaper though, so I think it is still priced out of the range of younger riders. The price of a Ryker is much more approachable.

You've got me beat, only 6.5 decades, but I just wanted to give it a good blast just for the heck of it. It was faster than I remember from last season, lol. Certainly as you say, plenty of get up and go for a touring machine even here at 5,000 feet where it is probably 10% down on power. It cruises along at the 75 mph speed limit, nice and relaxed.

The better tires bit is a whole other issue. I think the car tires that fit the RT certainly last longer but grip wise I'm not sure they are much better than the stock Kendas. The car tires that are available in sizes for the RT tend to be a little harder compound and the sidewall stiffness quite a bit harder. I'm sure they last a lot longer but I'm not sure they grip much better though even when compensating with much lower tire pressures.

I know I'm in a bit of a minority, well a very small minority from what I've read, but I quite like the later versions of the Kendas. To my mind they grip quite well in wet or dry, and when they do break away they do so in a nice progressive manner. I run 20 psi front and 28 psi rear which seems to give the best canyons versus freeway compromise, two up, for me anyway.

Of course everyone's experience is different but I'm going to keep going with the Kendas even though they don't last anywhere near as long, certainly on the rear. But I'm always open to hear of other peoples experiences with specific brands.