Threaded View

Spyder Garage

I don't believe I've been supplied with incorrect info PMK. Did you read the '2014 & on if identified as part of the Recall' (which was done by VIN) bit in my post?? As per the various bulletins & Recall Notices, only those Spyders built from some time in 2014 & identified by VIN were subject to the Recall, and none of the 2014 owners with still good pulleys that you cite have Spyders that were 'identified by their VIN as being part of the Recall', so of course their pulleys haven't worn.

And No, you are wrong about the White Ceramic Coated Pulleys - those White Pulleys were around for some time before the Recall with its Interim Fix hit the streets; and the White Pulleys were never specifically included in that 'Interim Fix' for the 'Red Dust Recall', altho that may have occurred in some instances; the White Pulleys were always intended as the fix for the 'Whistling noise' that many complained about once the newer models with less tupperware arrived well before the Recall ever came out.

If you actually go back and read the earlier threads about all this in date order, you should be able to see for yourself that this is the case, as has been confirmed by my source here in Oz and quite a few others since.

But it certainly does confirm that you were correct way back when you first raised fretting corrosion as being the issue - and that's been further evidenced by the growing number of White Pulley failures where they've either been installed without either the proper preparation &/or allowing sufficient time for the curing of any Locktite or similar (when used).
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2023 at 07:09 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!