Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
Thanks for sorting that oversized sig pic!

As for the camber issue - Nope, that's not uncommon, and there is no adjustment in the OE Suspension fit out.... : . The front shocks were adjustable up until about 2013, but from 2013 on, yours (& mine) missed out on that! . So the simple answer to why there's so much negative camber is that your springs/shocks have sagged or the ride height was never set properly & so the camber is incorrect for your laden Spyder. . Still'n all, there IS a secret fix!

That secret fix is quite simple - it's BajaRon's Pre-load Adjusters! . Go to the Forum Home page & run down the list of Sponsors until you find BajaRon - click on his logo. Then read about how best to contact him, as well as checking out all he has to offer in order to find the Pre-load adjusters for your Spyder, & use that 'best contact method' to touch base with him & work out how to get yourself a set! . IIRC, they come with fitting instructions, a setting tool, and some advice on how to set them properly.... only because of your Spyder's existing condition you also need to make sure that you dial out most of the negative camber by increasing the loaded ride height; then do an alignment to give your bike a little toe in, otherwise it'll be really twitchy to steer, especially thru the corners - if it isn't already! You might even want to sort that alignment sooner rather than later, but get the adjusters & set the ride height/get rid of most of the neggative camber first, or you'll maybe mess any 'new' alignment up if you do all that later!

Good Luck!
Funny thing. His Ebay page has been getting some orders from me already. The adjusters will have to wait until post holiday though. I have a trip and kids to consider before any big money gets spent on it.

Does make me wonder if there is another spring that'll fit on as well. Maybe an Eibach (my old sports car days speaking). I will have to do some measuring. Maybe the combo of those and the adjusters? His swaybar kit is already on the list for a later upgrade. I have a feeling his parts are going to be throughout the bike after a while.

I saw some expensive $900 shocks that will not be going on though. Hard to justify that for a "toy" my wife will put less miles on than me. And I have 5 bikes to share the miles with too. The now discontinued Fox kit came up, but I doubt I will find one of those. Any OEM type solutions for better shocks? I know in a Subaru outback the H6 front springs are a popular upgrade to a 2.5 OB. and a 6.0L fit right where my 5.3 used to be in my Silverado. Something like that.