Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher68 View Post
    I didn't pay enough attention I guess.
    No, it wasn’t a case of not paying attention, Reacher. So many of those responding do not take the time to see that the thread to which to which they are replying is about aftermarket car tyres, and comment that they are running at 16 and 28. Unfortunately, they are in fact referring to their Kenda tyres, but don’t reference that in their response. That is where a great deal of the confusion arises.

There’s an interesting FB post doing the rounds at the moment where someone is complaining that they only got 5000 miles out of their Kumho (worn down nearly to the wire in the middle)…… others are saying “wow, I got 20,000 and still going”. I asked the OP what pressure he was running, and he didn’t know (which is frightening in itself ) He said he would have to check the side of the tyre, because that was the pressure the fitter used. I guess that means he was probably running over 40psi, which would explain shorter tyre life

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-14-2023 at 04:04 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red