Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quick update to my post above (I already edited the post)....A Code P0730 means the reported position is NOT plausible.

My apologies for leaving out the NOT.

I am guessing the GBPS is reporting a false state (transmission shift position did happen or did not travel to a correct position).

If the GBPS has been replace I am guessing you have one of the following issues:
    1. the linkage is binding (due to a bent mount); 2. The actuator is not moving the linkage (due to a bad actuator); 3. you have a broken wire in the actuator circuit. In automotive wiring, the wire is a multi-strand conductor. this gives the wire flexibility. It is possible to break multiple strands. The circuit can provide then voltage, but due to the multiple broken strands, not provide sufficient current to move the actuator. Look very carefully at the harness, connectors and the linkage/actuator alignment. A good approach would be to put an oscilloscope on the wire harness at the actuator. There should be a nice square wave pulse sent to the actuator when shift to Reverse and back to neutral. I know most techs will not have the equipment nor the knowledge to do this.

Replacing the actuator may fix the problem. If the problem remains after replacing the actuator, it is most likely item 1 or 3 above.

Mike
    Last edited by Rd_Runner; 01-12-2024 at 11:44 PM.
    2019 F3 Unlimited , Oxford Blue Dark Edition