Hybrid View

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, the manual isn't a whole lot of help on that. Just says "switch out of range". But it's still working. You could follow that wire harness out to the end and check for a rub through. Disconnect the connector, spray it with electrical cleaner and plug it back in, if it's readily accessible. That might save you 200 bucks. If it was me, I don't know if I would bother trying to take the whole switch assembly apart or just replace it. If you run that part number on Google, a lot of the places say out of stock or special order item from the factory. So, you know that might be a long shot. There does seem to be a place on eBay that claims to have one left and a couple of used ones on there, too. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17537734514...3ABFBMmrD6iMpi

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Well, the manual isn't a whole lot of help on that. Just says "switch out of range". But it's still working. You could follow that wire harness out to the end and check for a rub through. Disconnect the connector, spray it with electrical cleaner and plug it back in, if it's readily accessible. That might save you 200 bucks. If it was me, I don't know if I would bother trying to take the whole switch assembly apart or just replace it. If you run that part number on Google, a lot of the places say out of stock or special order item from the factory. So, you know that might be a long shot. There does seem to be a place on eBay that claims to have one left and a couple of used ones on there, too. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17537734514...3ABFBMmrD6iMpi
    .... Plus the shifter for your 08 may be (probably) the same as all the shifters used in the V-twin engine models and YEARS ..... go to an after-market seller and type in the PART # and see what else it fits ..... Good luck ...Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2024 at 12:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... Plus the shifter for your 08 may be ( probably ) the same as all the shifters used in the V-twin engine models and YEARS ..... go to an after-market seller and typin the PART # and see what else it fits .....good luck ...Mike
    Thanks Mike! Just saw that there was some recent action on this post again. I feel like it is more of a connection problem; I have stopped downshifting anymore, and I have trouble every time I try to put it in reverse. I have to work the lever and push the button, back and forth, in and out..... Do you know where that connector is exactly located? I would first like to clean it up like SnowBelt Spyder suggested, but not sure where it lays. I am holding off until I get a better idea what I need to remove to access the connector. Thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2024 at 12:58 AM.
    2008 GS SE5 , silver/black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msgoodwrench View Post
    Thanks Mike! Just saw that there was some recent action on this post again. I feel like it is more of a connection problem; I have stopped downshifting anymore, and I have trouble every time I try to put it in reverse. I have to work the lever and push the button, back and forth, in and out..... Do you know where that connector is exactly located? I would first like to clean it up like SnowBelt Spyder suggested, but not sure where it lays. I am holding off until I get a better idea what I need to remove to access the connector. Thanks for all your help!

I would check with Snowbelt Spyder on this ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-29-2024 at 12:59 AM.