Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I'm going to agree on doing a test ride with BOTH of you first. The difference between the 998 and 1330 shows up most when you are two-up, and the RTs were better built in general from 2014 forward.

See if you can rent something to try for a day here:
    https://www.riders-share.com

There is no substitute for doing a real ride with both you, as compared to a test ride. You'll know what works for you.

Generally speaking, from 2010-2013 there were some improvements (and a step back) every year, 2014-2019 is largely identical, and 2020-present is also largely identical. I prefer the post 2020 ride, but the differences aren't large compared to a 2014. The difference between a pre-2014 and a 2014 forward is significant.

The Riker doesn't feel like the best match for you, especially two-up.

EDIT: MY Spyder comments are specific to the RT, not the F3. They are meaningfully different.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I'm going to agree on doing a test ride with BOTH of you first. The difference between the 998 and 1330 shows up most when you are two-up, and the RTs were better built in general from 2014 forward.

See if you can rent something to try for a day here:
    https://www.riders-share.com

There is no substitute for doing a real ride with both you, as compared to a test ride. You'll know what works for you.

Generally speaking, from 2010-2013 there were some improvements (and a step back) every year, 2014-2019 is largely identical, and 2020-present is also largely identical. I prefer the post 2020 ride, but the differences aren't large compared to a 2014. The difference between a pre-2014 and a 2014 forward is significant.

The Riker doesn't feel like the best match for you, especially two-up.

EDIT: MY Spyder comments are specific to the RT, not the F3. They are meaningfully different.
    I dis-agree with test riding with TWO persons .... if the opr. has never driven any Spyder ... starting out with a passenger especially one that weighs 260 lbs. is asking for trouble ..... JMHO ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-03-2024 at 12:49 PM.