Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    "I kindly advise you to keep in touch with your dealership, <DeletedMyDealerName>, and they will let you know directly as soon as the update is available. We deeply appreciate your patience in this whole process, and we apologize once again for any inconveniences it may cause."
    I just sent an email to my salesperson at the dealer, asking how to get on the contact list for when the Apple Carplay update is available.

I'll let everyone know what they say.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=racoon;1706704]Well, at least they are prompt. I received an email response this morning at 7:25 am, about four hours after I posted my complaint.

They thanked me for contacting them, and said:

"I deeply apologize for the inconvenience being the Apple CarPlay is still not available, an important feature many customers are still waiting on. I wanted to let you know that over the last couple of months, the Apple CarPlay was available for a few dealerships to test its functionality, but later it was found that there was a bug in the update, and they again had to fix the update, which made this delay so long. I can assure you that the appropriate team is working tirelessly as much as they can to have the update as soon as possible, but I am afraid I can't confirm on an exact date it will be released as we have no ETA.

Well this is very interesting to read, Just more BS to me.
    I like it where it said the update "was available for a few dealerships to test its functionality", I would like to know what dealerships received the updates and how many spyder owners were in the test?
    So far I have not read any posts from any spyder owners here that were in that group for testing.
    And of course they do not know when it will be ready, well in March it was about 2 weeks, and then 2 weeks, then the begin of the month, then end of the month, and now it we don't know.
    I wonder how long it took them to write this message, thinking maybe a month. LOL

Maybe that is there problem, it states "the appropriate team is working tirelessly as much as they can to have the update as soon as possible", Maybe there team is working so hard that there forgetting what they just did, and since it a "team" there not telling the other team member what they just did and when they upload it they find more bugs, and of course we should throw in the language barrier, the time change and holidays, no wonder it taking this long.
    WE should be happy this is the only issues.
    Last edited by Johndeeredoo; 05-16-2024 at 11:21 AM.
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Here is the thing. Why are they testing it now. I work in it qa and you test and confirm things are working before they are ever released, and if you have advertised a feature you don’t release the product till it is working. What have they been doing for the last 9 months ?
    2024 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hancop View Post
    Here is the thing. Why are they testing it now. I work in it qa and you test and confirm things are working before they are ever released, and if you have advertised a feature you don’t release the product till it is working. What have they been doing for the last 9 months ?
    Twiddling their thumbs, and hoping the other team people do their job.
    I have done programming for years, did I have bugs, yes, did I fix them, yes, did it take me weeks for an update, hardly, maybe a day at the most.
    I agree, you don’t release software into production unless it has been tested and if you find issues, tell the dealer and customers there’s issues.
    The only thing they’re doing is making a lot of upset customers.
    Bad news travels faster than good news.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

I got back from my ride a little bit ago, and am just now getting on the computer. It was a wonderful ride, and a pleasant lunch at a hole-in-the-wall pizza place in a town I'd never been too before.
    I got some advice from my friends about the best route to take home, which was better than letting the GPS direct me, since it helped me avoid a long construction zone.

First, and last I suppose, I have not heard anything from my salesperson. It's possible they are not working today, so I'll try to be patient.
    I checked the dealer website, and they are closed on Sunday and Monday, so I think I'll continue be patient.

I may even be more than a little patient, and wait until Tuesday to rain hellfire and brimstone down upon them!
    Yeah, just kidding. I never could get the knack of creating hellfire.

But I'm very good at the totally PO'd customer thing, though.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

Interesting responses from BRP. Something else I just found to be interesting. The latest Can-Am Ski-Doo's (snow mobiles) also have the 10.25" screen. All features look the same except it has (or soon will have) built-in navigation. No need to plug in your iPhone, although according to their description, plugging in your phone opens up more advanced nav features like trip planning. Now if ACP ever becomes a reality for us, navigation will probably be what I use it for the most. So, if they can do that for Ski-Doo's why can't they do it for us on-roaders. I don't want their off-road maps. Won't do me much good looking at snow-mobile trails, but obviously the technology is there and in their hands. They mentioned a GPS module that could retrofit earlier Ski-Doo's along with software updates. I think that this 10.25 screen is also found on at least one of their side by side models. Same deal with off-road trail maps. What am I missing here? I'm feeling a little bit neglected.

Spyder Garage

Been reading the posts on this topic every now and then.
    Our 2014 RTS does not have anything more than the old school Speedometer, Tachometer, Fuel Gage, and Water Temp. For navigation, it is a Garmin GPS.

In all sincerity, I truly felt bad for folks that bought Spyders a few years ago and expected the BRP app to work, and also other devices,plus apps to integrate and work.
    Sadly many were disappointed and ultimately gave up. Those folks never truly got what they paid for.

Seems the marketing team at BRP pushes stuff to the consumer, well before it is actually ready.
    Apple Car Play is mimicking the previous trend of the BRP app that was released in 2018.
    Again truly bummed for folks that essentially got “ripped off” by the dealer and BRP.
    Possibly they will resolve the issues for 2025, but the past says no.
    Good luck though.

Spyder Garage

So my salesperson responded to my email.
    And...I'm not happy, but also am starting to think BRP/CAN-AM just likes to kick the can down the road, without trying to actually fix anything.

In part the response said:

"You should receive an email from BRP and a letter in the mail when any kind of software update/recall that applies to your unit. At the point that the software is available, you will be able to go to any BRP certified dealership and have the update/recall performed to your unit free of charge!

I will also make my service department aware of the situation so they can be on the lookout for an update and see if they can call you as well!"

So CAN-AM says check with the dealer, and the dealer says CAN-AM will notify me when there's an update.

:::visualizing a finger in Canada pointing at Tennessee and a finger in Tennessee pointing at Canada:::
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

I got back from my ride a little bit ago, and am just now getting on the computer. It was a wonderful ride, and a pleasant lunch at a hole-in-the-wall pizza place in a town I'd never been too before.
    I got some advice from my friends about the best route to take home, which was better than letting the GPS direct me, since it helped me avoid a long construction zone.
    I’m trying to focus on this right now too. Last weekend I rode to my local little dinky airport and had breakfast at a most excellent food truck while watching parachuters drop out of the sky. Then went for my first canyon ride, including some nice twisties, and it was wicked fun. I love my RTL more every time I ride her, and the lack of ACP is f’ing annoying (I could really have used some good navigation) but it’s not what I got this bike for.

That said, I’m going to the dealer this weekend to pick up some parts and will ask everyone there whether they know anything about ACP.
    2024 Spyder RT Limited, Petrol Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

Your mention of a canyon ride and you being in Colorado brought back a childhood memory from the early 1970s.

We had an aunt that lived in Loveland, Colorado who we visited on an extended family driving vacation, and they convinced us to drive up to Estes Park, Colorado.
    I still remember the twisty road through the canyon, with the road paralleling a lovely stream.

Oh, and stopping at one point near a pool in the river, and feeding some very hungry trout, who would fight over the food we tossed onto the water.

I could enjoy riding that road on my Spyder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-16-2024 at 09:47 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

Well yesterday my '24 RT had a senior moment, if you can call it that since it's so young.
    I unlocked my iPhone and plugged it in; turned on my headset; started my spyder; and was waiting for the screen to show connected to iPhone... Well, nothing; looked at my iPhone and it was not charging, altho it showed connected. Checked the screen and it was not connected to the iPhone. I forced it to connect, and it would not; but my iPhone showed it was connected. I did the normal things like unplugging the iPhone; plugging it back in; turning BT off and back on; and turned off the Spyder; nothing! Lucky I was just going home, since my battery only had 30%.
    As of today, this morning, everything worked perfectly; I had three notations on the screen, WiFI connected, iPhone connected, and head set connected.
    This is the second time where I could not connect BT; and the phone would not charge.
    I hope this update makes these connections more consistent.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2024 at 09:06 AM.
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

Your mention of a canyon ride and you being in Colorado brought back a childhood memory from the early 1970s.

We had an aunt that lived in Loveland, Colorado who we visited on an extended family driving vacation, and they convinced us to drive up to Estes Park, Colorado.
    I still remember the twisty road through the canyon, with the road paralleling a lovely stream.

Oh, and stopping at one point near a pool in the river, and feeding some very hungry trout, who would fight over the food we tossed onto the water.

I could enjoy riding that road on my Spyder.
    Memory unlocked! That sounds beautiful. You may have driven through the Big Thompson canyon, where the (you guessed it) Big Thompson River winds along the road. Geography nerd side note: that river begins as snowmelt in the Continental Divide, through Loveland, and becomes a tributary of the Mississippi River, where it flows all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. A ride from the headwaters to the gulf might be fun if one had unlimited time and $$ - just sayin'

Anyway. I am not far from Loveland; and can confirm that the trip to Estes Park is still stunning. I have only driven it in the car so far, but I’m planning a day trip up there next month; and I will do it on the Spyder if weather permits. The challenge will be trying not to target-fixate on the views. Would be great to have ACP for navigation by then!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2024 at 08:51 PM.
    2024 Spyder RT Limited, Petrol Blue Metallic