Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoatFixx View Post
    Forgot to mention. My green 2023 Sea2Sky is not paint.
    The plastic "is" the color through and through.
    I assume this is the case for all Spyders, & Rykers?
    Only the black is through molded. Other colors in the PC/ABS allow used in the molding will color-shift in the injection molding process, making it hard to match colors between suppliers. On the 5 F3 models we've owned, even the pearl white was painted over black plastic base. The best paint on any consumer motorcycle is from Harley-Davidson (well, except for the denim-finish crapola that is on some of them). All of the gloss finished have been clear coated.

The painter, Aaron Smith, Weatherford, TX, is nearing completion of the paint. The Nason paint being applied is solvent-based.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    Only the black is through molded. Other colors in the PC/ABS allow used in the molding will color-shift in the injection molding process, making it hard to match colors between suppliers. On the 5 F3 models we've owned, even the pearl white was painted over black plastic base. The best paint on any consumer motorcycle is from Harley-Davidson (well, except for the denim-finish crapola that is on some of them). All of the gloss finished have been clear coated.

The painter, Aaron Smith, Weatherford, TX, is nearing completion of the paint. The Nason paint being applied is solvent-based.
    Interesting.
    As noted, my 23' "Green Shadow" is through molded. Proven by my stealth carve out of a piece of it with a razor knife.
    2023 Sea2Sky