View Poll Results: How Much Do You Use Wide Open Throttle?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never!

17 13.39%
  • Only When Necessary

43 33.86%
  • Sometimes

47 37.01%
  • More than Most

15 11.81%
  • If The Wheel’s Not Spinn’in – I’m Not Grinn’in!

5 3.94%

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42 View Post
    Awesome response!

I wish this board could do two things:
    1) Be actually usable on a mobile phone
    2) Bookmark or favorite posts for me to find later
    1). If you can use the internet on your mobile phone, then surely you can use forum on your mobile phone? I do just that, quite a lot!

2). You can always subscribe to threads that interest you: just click on Thread Tools, which is in the line immediately above the first post in the thread; then click on 'Subscribe to this thread' in the drop-down list that'll appear, then select the type of notification you want so that you get notified whenever there's a new post added to the thread - after that, if you want to find your subscribed thread again without there being any new posts recently, you can always open 'Quick Links' in the menu bar above the Sponsor's Logos, then click on 'Subscribed Threads', and scroll down the list until you find the one you want;

OR, if you've opened the thread to a particular post, as I have in this thread, opening it to your post thru the 'New Posts' search; you can then copy the browser address line and save it to your favourites in whatever browser you use, assigning it a name that's meaningful to you; see the post# 1706193 at the end of this address line:

htxx://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?159462-How-Much-Do-You-Use-Wide-Open-Throttle&p=1706193#post1706193

(link disabled for demo purposes ) The only issue with doing this is that instead of leaving the address string as it is above (which might show you the thread title, it doesn't convey much about what the post actually refers to!) you really need to give each 'saved favourite' a name that you'll remember and that you can search for later on... You can even do this on the internet thru your mobile phone, just like I already do, quite a lot! This post comes to you from my phone, using the internet & a browser just like I do when I'm sitting at my desk at home!

All that said, please do remember that this Forum, as it is now, IS what we've got!

And it's all provided to you/us FOR FREE, as a service to the SpyderLovers community! Sure, it also happens to help the businesses of the Owner and our Sponsors, but you don't get asked to contribute any $$ to continue to use this site, do you?? The site is run on a base platform which someone has had to maintain and operate, as well as developing it in the first place and keeping it operating as a viable platform; AND they have to market it and sell it to users like us in order to recoup their development costs; so it's not shared for FREE, meaning that the Owner and our Sponsors here pay for us to use the base platform as provided by the developer (but remember, you get to use & access this Forum for free!) As such, this is a Forum run on fairly generic 'bulletin board' platform, but that basic platform is continually being further developed, tested, and upgraded so that it can be sold & used by a vast array of Fora, all with slightly different needs and wants, so it needs to be fairly generic.

And Yes, this particular platform has been tailored a little to our specific needs/wants, all paid for by our Owner and Sponsors - tailoring that needs to be developed, tested, and integrated into the base platform to make sure it operates properly on the basic platform for EVERY change &/or upgrade made for whatever reason, which requires someone to be paid to do all that, and so it costs the Owner and our Sponsors even more $$ (but remember, you get access to this Forum for free!) And if there's any more basic functionality &/or specific features rpthat we want (like using specific mobile phone friendly tools/add-ons to enhance your mobile phone access; or developing special save/search/recall features), we can 'request' these specific mods &/or features of the platform developers, but someone still has to pay for these to developed, tested, integrated & then included in the next platform upgrade, and if no-one else in the wide range of communities that use this same platform want the same mods &/or features, you can guess who gets to pay for anything like that (but remember, you get to use and access this Forum for free)... only, if the platform developers don't see those particular mods/features as being an advantage to their platform/sales, then someone needs to be employed to do all that for us, AND THEN, those specific features that are now unique to THIS Forum need to be integrated into the base platform in a way that doesn't interfere with anything else, so they need their own unique design, development, integration, and testing process, a fairly expensive process that someone has to pay for (but remember, you get access to this Forum for free) AND ALL THAT HAS TO HAPPEN AGAIN EACH AND EVERY TIME FOR EVERY SINGLE UPGRADE TO THE BASE PLATFORM, EVERY SINGLE TIME ANYTHING CHANGES!! (but remember, you get access to all this on the Forum for free!) Can you see that there's a bit of a trend developing here??

As I mentioned when this was raised not that long ago (wasn't that by you, too?? ) there was a time that this Forum DID support enhanced mobile phone access thru 'add-ons' (like tapatalk) but those many and varied add-on developers each had their own upgrade/development cycle, and the forum platform developers had a completely different upgrade/development cycle, and all the various systems were usually out of sync, causing faults & failures in the weirdest of places and ways - unless someone was paid to get all the necessary upgrade/integration/testing work done EVERY TIME for EVERY DIFFERENT ADD-ON and neither of those afore-mentioned developers were interested in funding that, so guess who paid again, and again, and again, EVERY TIME there was even the slightest change in any of those base platforms/products &/or any of the add-ons, meaning that we pretty much always had faults or glitches on the Forum somewhere cos it was almost impossible to keep up with all the changes and it all got pretty damned expensive very quickly (but remember, you get access to this Forum for free)!!

So it is what it is - as SpyderLovers, we ALL have access to a Forum run on a relatively stable platform that allows reasonable access for most and it doesn't directly cost us anything to use; to do anything more will cost SOMEONE more, and it already costs our Owner and Sponsors a LOT, and not always with a clearly identifiable return on that investment!! So please remember, it is what it is, and you do get access to this Forum as it is for free!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2024 at 07:45 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

My post was really meant to compliment your reply, not to attack the site or trigger you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    1). If you can use the internet on your mobile phone, then surely you can use forum on your mobile phone? I do just that, quite a lot!
    I do as well. It really doesn't adapt to the phone's screen. Fonts all very very small. Sample phone screenshots below.... your eyes must be a lot better than mine. It requires a lot of zooming and panning around with the fingers, and I have the iPhone Pro Max (large) model. Most sites have either "Reactive" html that reformats the screen, or a mobile version of the site altogether. No, I don't think it was me that mentioned this before, but maybe, because it irritates me a lot. So much so, that I'll see a new post notification at night on my phone and choose to wait until I get to my computer the next day to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    2)
    if you've opened the thread to a particular post, as I have in this thread, opening it to your post thru the 'New Posts' search; you can then copy the browser address line and save it to your favourites in whatever browser you use, assigning it a name that's meaningful to you; see the post# 1706193 at the end of this address line

I'm already subscribed to this thread because I responded to it, and have auto-subscribe turned on. I get emails every time it gets an update. Unfortunately, it also means my subscription list is too long to find a specific post later. I'm looking for something that let's be favorite a specific post, not the whole thread. Something I can come back to maybe a year later. Your browser bookmark idea is the closest to what I want, but it's a bit of a workaround.

And yes, I very much appreciate Lamont and Lamonster Garage for providing this excellent forum. I try to drive people to this site a lot on FB groups when I know their answers are over here; I'm a big fan of the enormous set of knowledge over here. I understand the costs of changing things, I've been in IT since we used to run Fidonet Bulletin Boards over dial up. I was just trying to make suggestions on making it even better! I don't see anything wrong with offering improvement suggestions. Sorry if they didn't come across like that and received well. I'll keep quiet from now on and stick to Spyder talk.

I also apologize for taking this thread off topic. Again, it was really meant to point out how much I liked your ECU reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.