Spyder Garage

Default F3-T Saddle Compartments not closing & locking securely - any ideas/fixes?

I have a 2022 F3-T and I am having issues with the saddle compartments not staying locked/secure.
    It takes me multiple times to get the compartment to close and lock securely.
    I've cleaned the locks, greased/lubed them, and by the looks of the marks on the latches, the doors align correctly when closing, but it is the darndest to have it latch on the 1st attempt.
    I have not seen any other posts about this issue, nor any recalls, so I figured I would try this forum and see if others have had similar incidents before I travel the 3 hours to my dealer.
    This is my 1st Can Am and I'm trying to learn to make my own repairs on jobs that I feel I can handle.
    Thanks for any input or how to's.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2024 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is not a HowTo: DIY thread... & expanded title to briefly state the reason for the thread! ;-)
    2022 F3-T , Arctic Blue

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue, however not since I follow this procedure. Close the cover until resistance is felt, then wiggle the cover until it closes further. You will then be able to close the latch. I hope this works for you.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Johnv50 - Thanks
    2022 F3-T , Arctic Blue

Spyder Garage

I have learned with my F3L that a little help from my palm or knee to close the side compartments works quite well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    I had the same issue, however not since I follow this procedure. Close the cover until resistance is felt, then wiggle the cover until it closes further. You will then be able to close the latch. I hope this works for you.

johnv
    I have always leaned my hip and thigh into the side of the saddlebag 'til I hear the click of positive engagement. Also check the adjustment of your latches on the cable that controls them. Just a small adjustment might make this all a non-issue.

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2024 at 08:06 PM.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White