Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

$3.71 here today

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    We need to do like they recently did in Europe, and all the trucks pulled over to the side of the road for a day. Amazingly enough, gas prices dropped.
    That would be a good idea except you can not get two people to say today is Tuesday let alone block the roads or pull over to the side of the roads
    Just some food for thougt. If everybody took one day off from work with no pay, can you imagine how much money the government would lose.That is except Drs, nurses fireman and police. Then they would have to sit up and take notice.
    Last edited by arris; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hurricane and gas prices

I live in South Louisiana. filled up my tanks in prep for hurricane and paid $3.73 for 87 and that's with the "no price gouging law" that is in effect for during hurricanes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

boborgera: that is not what I am talking about. The guy on the farm can do anything he wants.

I am sick and tired of financing the speculators who play with our lives. I could care less if some market speculator looses his money on a bad commodity purchase. Why should we the public pay for their stupid, greedy mistakes.

The same thing happend in the stock market. The speculators took over and the people holding 401 k's etc lost over half the value of their retirement savings. The speculators took the bail out money, paid themselves bonuses, continue to live the high life, and the average person now wonders where their retirement is coming from. I'm going on 67 and have to work three jobs until I die I guess. Therefore, I don't have sympathy for thieves. I have yet to hear of any of these people going to jail.

PS. gas went up 11 cents a gallon here today. That must be some powerful hurricane.

You are I are going to continue to respectfully disagree on this one.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Since I have to work this weekend when everyone is off I should get paid extra to cover the reduced supply of workers. Wait a min I am getting paid more!

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Gas in the underground tanks was bought many moons ago. If the demand is there, then the price will remain. If the demand is not, then it will go down. JMHO

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    or buy one less ice cream
    I can't believe that you just said that!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

You are I are going to continue to respectfully disagree on this one.
    I guess we'll have to,
    But i didn't hear anyone complaining before 2008, when their 401K's were sky high

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys have retirement plans??
    I was too busy investing in food, shelter and clothing...
    My plan is to die at my desk in a puddle of drool on the file of some customer who's always been a pain in the butt. I just can't decide who's gonna get that honor!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Gas prices yesterday jumped 39 cents at one station because of the storm. It is just starting to get bad here, wind is really blowing..

Spyder Garage

Default Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    Took a ride this AM. In the morning I saw gas prices 3.59, 3.69, 3.79 on East side of Cincinnati.

One Kroger store had 3.25.

All that time, I didn't need gas.

Getting closer to home and about 1:30 PM I'm seeing 3.85, 3.89 and 3.99.

Shell took the cake at 4.01.

Didn't fill up yet.

Up here in Canada we are paying $1.25 - $1.30 a litre, there are 3.785 litres in a US gallon, that means we pay $4.92 a gallon!

Fell Better!

Dave

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

$4.29 here this morning in upstate NY. $4.08 across Lake Champlain in Vermont. Those who live closer to a bridge, just drive to Vermont.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

i find it hilarious how everybody bitches about an extra 1.50 to fill the tank of their 30 THOUSAND DOLLAR TOY. Just park it for a week until gas comes back down or buy one less ice cream. This is the double gouge, hurricane and holiday weekend

For some of us, the isn't a $30K Toy, and due to financial constraints, some of us have made a great many sacrifices just to be able to have and enjoy a Being our only vehicle, parking it for a week is NOT an option

zrc

i find it hilarious how everybody bitches about an extra 1.50 to fill the tank of their 30 THOUSAND DOLLAR TOY. Just park it for a week until gas comes back down or buy one less ice cream.
    This is the double gouge, hurricane and holiday weekend

I am with Cyncy on this one, it is no longer a Toy, it is my only mode of transportation as I have cancelled insurance on my car and am currently selling it. Also, it was only 14k for my spyder, which is 6k less than my car was when I bought it. So overall, my spyder is more economical to drive than my car, and is less expensive, and my main mode of transportation. So, we are not all fun time only riders.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No complaining

My buddies in Israel are paying between $7 and $8 per gallon. Wy wife's family in Austria pay between $6.50 and $7 per gallon.

Those of you that are paying in the high $3 and $4 range are doing so because of your state taxes. Look at how much gas is in Georgia and south Carolina and you will see just how much you are paying in state taxes.

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    We pay much more in taxes than we do in profits. But in our society, taxes are good and profits are evil...
    Taxes are good? Not in my world, I'm being taxed to death, literally. But that is an argument for another day in a different thread.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Taxes are good? Not in my world, I'm being taxed to death, literally. But that is an argument for another day in a different thread.
    Im with him, and to back that statement up, I am also ok with profit to a reasonable extent. I mean its one thing to cry about everything and how its not your fault and gas is expensive, but the records sales and profits year after year, at least learn to lie in your accounting practices.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DRTSB View Post
    Up here in Canada we are paying $1.25 - $1.30 a litre, there are 3.785 litres in a US gallon, that means we pay $4.92 a gallon!

Fell Better!

Dave
    Vancouver is at $1.35/L thats $5.10/gal. Here in Calgary its $1.115/L or $ 4.35 and we are the cheapest in the country, and we made the darn stuff and send it south!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ride the Spyder more than I do my conversion van..initially due to the price of gas and huge difference in mileage..Now I can't even remember the last time I drove the van. It's been sitting in the driveway collecting dust...But the real reason is I just enjoy riding the Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Horse Rubbish!! There is NO logic to gas pricing. Over the last few days I've been to the Oregon Coast and to a little town in northwestern Nevada called Denio - the price for regular in Astoria, Oregon was $3.93, in Portland, Oregon was $4.11, and in Denio $3.68.

Gas has to be trucked to Denio - it's in the middle of nowhere, and the same holds true for Astoria. In Portland alone, the prices vary over $0.50, depending on where you live.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Clear logic

It is very easy to understand logic.

A gas station is a business. They are in business to make money. They calculate their cost of the product they sell, whether the cost to buy that product is going to be more or less next time they go to buy it, and how much they need to charge the customer to make make profit, but still be competitive, and set the price you pay.

I'm only 30 and I can figure this stuff out.

Also, driving is a privelage, not a constitutional right. It is pay to play and if you want to play, you gotta pay.

And even if the Spyder is your only vehicle and only cost $14,000 it is still a luxury vehicle. You could have bought a brand new Kia for $10,000 with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Enjoy your Spyder, don't worry too much about gas prices and start burning some gas.

Spyder Garage

Some blame the oil companies, and we should, but most of the blame goes to Wall Street. Good old money hungry Wall Street. There is a 100% chance that a recession is near and it will be twice as bad as 2008. Save your money, what's left of it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Horse Rubbish!! There is NO logic to gas pricing. Over the last few days I've been to the Oregon Coast and to a little town in northwestern Nevada called Denio - the price for regular in Astoria, Oregon was $3.93, in Portland, Oregon was $4.11, and in Denio $3.68.

Gas has to be trucked to Denio - it's in the middle of nowhere, and the same holds true for Astoria. In Portland alone, the prices vary over $0.50, depending on where you live.
    That goes back to supply vs. demand.

Also, since you are talking about prices in two states, taxes could play into it. Here in North Carolina, we have higher taxes on gas than South Carolina, so anytime I'm down in that neck of the woods, I'll time my return fill up so I can have as close to a full tank when I get home, rather than just driving home and then having to fill up at a higher price.

Spyder Garage

Default Price of a gallon of gas

Oh my,

Gas is becoming just as expensive as my Venti Latte at SB. What will I do??

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Retirement Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You guys have retirement plans??
    I was too busy investing in food, shelter and clothing...
    My plan is to die at my desk in a puddle of drool on the file of some customer who's always been a pain in the butt. I just can't decide who's gonna get that honor!
    I started mine in 67, A tax ''deferred'' self employed plan in a mutual fund, Retired at 57, Now the tax is paid as i withdraw money, And I'm happy to pay the tax NOW because that means i made money on the deferred tax all these years, and it was painless, Instead of sending the government a check at the end of the year i just put it in my fund so there was more money to invest.. accrue.
    Anyone who is self employed is nuts not to set one up.