I said goodbye to my F3-T last week as it was simply costing too much to keep in the garage whether or not I used it.
In the UK a vehicle must have current road tax and insurance to even be kept in a private garage and the depreciation on Spyders is huge.
This equates to approx. $30 a week and is money I cannot afford to squander. The vehicle insurance over here is extortionate,
despite this being my third Spyder I was paying around $750 pa! I can insure a Harley Davidson Sportster for around $150.
So the end of a highly enjoyable era.
I asked a fairly high price and sold the Spyder in a couple of weeks. The money I received bought me three things.
Thing One: A Peugeot RCZ, a nice little coupe.
Thing Two: An immaculate, low mileage Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Low. The total running costs for these two is rather less
than half what the Spyder cost.
Thing Three: Enough cash left over to fully run and service both for many years. (As long as I avoid Main Dealers!!)

You've all seen a Harley before but many of you will not have seen the Peugeot RCZ Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpAFKGYVDs

Mine is the diesel engined model which puts out 165bhp and will reach 140mph but gives an overall 50mpg (US Gallon). Oh! It's metallic black.

The Harley is a bit of a bone of contention as when I bought it I wasn't sure that I would be able to manage it successfully. In fact I've taken it out
a couple of times and because it is the "Low" model it's not bad. (but I get quite physically tired riding it....hoping that will diminish with saddle time.)