Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Question How do I know for sure I have functioning ABS & VSS?

Coming home from 2 hr trip at 120km/hr on my 2015 RTS with a flashed ECU and cat deleted pipe, I slowed for a 90 degree stop sign controlled turn and accelerated fast (pinned) in 1st, shifted to 2nd and Check Engine warning came on. I immediately stopped and shut the engine off.

I would not restart meaning turn over. Oil level was good. Nothing leaking on the road. Road home of the back of wife’s RoadStar…. Got a trailer lined up and when back to get the bike. After phoning the closest BRP dealer only to find that their Spyder trained mechanic quit….when pulling up codes I got ABS and VSS codes. So I had power to do this. I disconnected the negative post and let it sit. Reconnected and still would not start. Step on the brake and it turned over a couple of times. I then pumped the brake and be damned if it didn’t start with the Limp Home Mode displayed. Bike sounded normal….so off I rode progressively going faster and faster until I hit 100km/hr.

Bike has ran fine since

HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE FUNCTIONING ABS AND VSS?

I am putting the whole event off as a gremlin but I dont have the same faith in my Spyder as I did before this happened….29k km on the old girl and have never had any issues before
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-14-2023 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question.... ;-)