Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Will EBC Brake Pads & Rotors work better with hand lever & MS strength limitations?

Hello

Yes, I am aware the OEM brakes pads and rotors have been discussed at length before, at great length, but I am looking for a solution. I would love to ride as confident (CRAZY) as some riders do but that would be blowing wind up my butt if I said I did as well as the fun Police here would be all over me. The dilemma I face is due to MS, I rely on a hand brake to stop, and I am finding the Spyder is not stopping as quick as it did earlier 2019 – 2022 with the hand brake when I first bought the bike. I am aware that if I could stomp on the pedal with my size 13 boot it would stop on a dime (no one in their right mind would say that you can do that with your hand).

Now because I use my hand to stop which does not provide the same pressure as your hand, I think I have probably glazed the rotors and or the brake pads or both. My solution is to change the front and rear rotors to EBC as well as the pads, or would that be a waste of time and money? At the moment, I can purchase the pads here in Aussie, but I am having difficulty finding a supplier for the EBC rotors here in the land down under, and I hate wasting money. So, the question from me is, would EBC gear work better and longer for me, as I am aware of the general opinion?

Thanks

PS: if you guys see Latrappe in the States (Dutch beer), try the Quadruple, drink it like a wine 10% ABV
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-22-2023 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front