Threaded View

Spyder Garage

There's a lot of good posts here and most everyone has a salient point. I'm thinking maybe a step to the side, or possibly several, at this time.

Technology changes are having an impact on the market and even non-traditional cars are able to get into the market when they have the right product. Many smaller Trikes don't have the right product, even Can Am ebbs and flows on the legacy of their bikes already in the market and those of the existing and incoming market. The last figures I saw spent on Trikes in the Nth American market were over $1.5 Billion, I think in 2014. So big companies measure their entrance to the market, their ability to put down a legacy market, and thru keeping an eye on any changes are going to beat up any new releases such that they become a negative return. Personally, to me that market is big enough for an entry product, and Harley still do (or did 'til last year) have a trike in the Delta rather than Nabla configuration (yes, that's the Latin word that's the shape of inverse Delta) that was/is known as the Servicar. Do people really overlook the Yamaha Niken? Nobody is going to make something that looks like Can Am I think, so any Nabla Trike will come out built on an existing model by either the existing manufacturers or an aftermarket factory.

I think they are a fabulous vehicles for motorcyclists who would like to have a better contact patch with the road through their cycle and their feet if required. While so much of Europe and Nth America have to put away their bikes for a substantial part of the year, a company that has the right product and adapts with the latest technology (so it may not be a big company) will be able to score a substantial amount of that market and perhaps even just outright grow it, because I don't believe it will be a Can Am (could be a familiar shape - no getting away from that with Nabla Trikes).
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-06-2024 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)