Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Found Helmets cheaper in Germany; delivered to Arizona in 3 days!

I had been looking for some modular helmets for my wife and I. We have half helmets but I wanted some better coverage for longer trips.

I had an LS2 Valiant a while back but sold it with my last two-wheeler that I really liked. I found the newer version, the LS2 Advant, and we went to a local shop and tried them on.

The shop had them for $399 each; I found them on Amazon for $369 each; and from LS2 direct they are $369.98 each. I was looking on-line for a seller and found a site for FC Moto in a motor sports store in Germany. I didn't realize I was on a German site as everything was in English with US dollars shown. They had them for as little as $235.64 each, and the helmets we got were $253.60 each; I was not too sure about this price as their site states that you may be charged extra for taxes or tariff's once the product reaches your country.

I read as many reviews as I could, then took the chance and ordered them. I should add, this was on Wednesday and my wife's birthday was Friday of the same week, and I wanted to give her the new helmet for her birthday. Imagine my surprise when shipping for both from Germany to Gilbert, AZ was only about $55, and the helmets were in my hands by noon on Friday - in time for her birthday. I was still waiting for any extra charges but there were none at all.

I am very happy with our purchase and would happily order from them again. I came on here to see if anyone had ever ordered from them but nothing came up in my search so I thought I would post my experience for anyone who may be in the same situation.

I would very much recommend physically trying on the helmet locally first as I imagine returns would be complicated, even though they did send me the required forms for a return if needed.

Thanks,
    James
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-19-2024 at 01:57 PM.