Thread: I'm back!

Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Talking I'm back!

Hi all.

After five months in the shop, Prorider have run out of excuses to keep me off the road, and have given me back my Spyder.

She went in the week before Christmas, having seized with 20,000km on the clock. The cause of the seizure was a tooth broken off second gear. It got sucked into an oil gallery (I don't understand how), and blocked the supply to the motor. There was major damage to pistons, bores, cams, valves, crankshaft, gearbox...

Prorider decided to repair the damage rather than replace the motor (it's their call, I have no argument), then got stuck getting parts.

When I was getting to desperation, the last part (a crank pin) arrived and they got it back together pretty quickly. On the way, they found some more gearbox damage (didn't want to spoil their fun by finding it all at once I suppose).

The last thing they found was a stone gouge in the drive belt. This isn't a warranty replacement, and the cost was $650 Fortunately, BRP decided to help me out, I guess to make up for the delay, and carried the cost.

So now I'm back on the road with a rebuilt motor to run in. I'll be taking her up to the Ruptured Budgie Rally - http://www.motoguzziclubqld.org/Our%20Rally.htm this weekend. She'll be well run in when I get back.

If you see me and Lola proceeding at a leisurely pace over the weekend, give us a wave.

My sincere thanks to Shaun at Prorider, who did his best under difficult circumstances, and to BRP for carrying the cost of the new belt.

Cheers;

Pogo.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-15-2023 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Exposed hidden URL's iaw Forum policy