Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron Sway Bar Regrets

I put the sway bar on my Spyder on Monday, and took it out for about 200 miles of mostly canyon riding on Tuesday, and am feeling really regretful THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET ONE THESE DAMN THINGS!

I kept hearing from everybody here how great it was, and how it would add stability to your ride, especially in the curves, and I just didn't believe it enough to fork over the cash and pay to have it installed.

37,000 miles that would have been even better, and easily worth both bars I would have needed to install (two Spyders over the last three years).

Yes, it's worth it. Thanks, Ron.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

A happy die hard...glad you took the leap cause I can see the effect too...yor a happy camper. Didn't take me as long but I was a bit of a skeptic myself...after that I went a couple of steps further and wow again....enjoy your new ryde...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Took me 7K to come to my senses, but just as you said, couldn't be happier that I finally did it. Significantly improved stability and cornering, even on a 2014 RT.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default See

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I put the sway bar on my Spyder on Monday, and took it out for about 200 miles of mostly canyon riding on Tuesday, and am feeling really regretful THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET ONE THESE DAMN THINGS!

I kept hearing from everybody here how great it was, and how it would add stability to your ride, especially in the curves, and I just didn't believe it enough to fork over the cash and pay to have it installed.

37,000 miles that would have been even better, and easily worth both bars I would have needed to install (two Spyders over the last three years).

Yes, it's worth it. Thanks, Ron.
    We told you so!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

I love reading these stories where someone had an epiphany after installing the BajaRon Sway Bar.

I made the decision to install mine right after I picked up my new from the dealer, and rode it 140 miles home through the twisties. Best thing I have done to the .

Pam

Spyder Garage

Default f3

will the baja ron hemi links work on the f3? thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjcady View Post
    Yes they will.

Gonenuts

Default I smiled on Sunday

After installing the bar I only had enough time for short night rides but on Sunday I went for a 5 hour round trip ride through a few canyons and highway speeds of 80 MPH. I'm a newbie with just over 1,300 miles on the bike but it just seem to click on Sunday and for the first time I smiled giving up the two wheels!

A new forum rule to signing up for this site should be; Change sway bar and send picture. Am I wrong?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fjcady View Post
    I've had my Anti-Sway Bar called a 'Swap' Bar, a 'Swat' Bar, etc.

Poor Mr. Heim gets similar treatment. I'm not giving you or anyone else a hard time. It's not a big deal and I know most do not encounter these components very often, if ever.

Here is a short history on Mr. Heim's joint ends, or spherical rod ends as they are also properly called.

History of the "Heim" Joint

The World War II era has been the product of many of inventions, which are still with us even today. When allied forces captured their first German planes, they discovered a strange and unique looking device pioneered by German aircraft designer, Messerschmitt… the now famous Spherical Rod End!

A single United States firm, the H.G. Heim company, was contracted the exclusive opportunity to duplicate this new joint, and was granted all U.S. patents to this device. Still to this day the Spherical Rod End retains the nickname, "Heim Joint". When the Korean War was finally over, the surplus aircraft parts market literally took to the sky and numerous variations of rod end sources became available at a faction of their original cost when produced by the H.G. Heim company.

While many of these rod ends were designed for aircraft, they simply were not up to the much more demanding task of handling the forces of the suspension links that race cars required. Economical, high quality rod ends did not appear until the late 1970's where they were produced by a Japanese company, called N.M.B., which the U.S. government caught selling their rod ends below cost into the U.S. market. N.M.B. bought a U.S. company, N.H.B.B. (New Hampshire Ball Bearing) in order to continue selling in the U.S. They continue to make aircraft-quality rod ends today.

A U.S. company, Superior Industries, began to mass produce economical rod ends for the power transmission industry as the Heim patents ran out. Over the course of a few years people from Superior formed Aurora, National, and numerous other individual rod end companies. Today there are countless American companies producing rod ends in the U.S. These products cover all the bases from super-low cost stamped steel bodies used in control links for lawn tractors, to jet aircraft, land speed record cars, the space shuttle and nuclear submarines.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-06-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

This an Item that BRP should be doing, probally would sell more cycles

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbwitt View Post
    This an Item that BRP should be doing, probally would sell more cycles
    BRP/Can-Am already has installed an anti-sway bar and Heim (Hemi does sound better!) links. The anti-sway bar is inadequate as it is too thin and the Heim links are plastic (or something similar). What they could have done was to put a thicker anti-sway bar and metal Heim links from the factory AND used some quality front shocks. Instead they saved a few bucks and made their early RTs handle like a drunken pig. Oh yeah, align the Spyder properly before leaving the factory would help as well. The bright side is that all the Spyder handling deficiencies can be fixed rather easily with a dose of customer bucks.

Hey Can-Am... suggestion! Have a SPORT model for every model in the line up (except maybe the F3 which already has upgraded components and maybe the new ST... not sure). An RT Sport... charge $1000 more and put top grade shocks, front and rear, an adequate anti-sway bar and a laser alignment from the factory. Folks who are buying their second machine would eat this option up. I won't mention an upgrade tire option.... Kumho and Kenda tires on a motorcycle are considered junk by many experienced riders. I think the term low-bidder comes to mind.
    Last edited by wiredgeorge; 08-09-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Pragmatic Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    BRP/Can-Am already has installed an anti-sway bar and Heim (Hemi does sound better!) links. The anti-sway bar is inadequate as it is too thin and the Heim links are plastic (or something similar). What they could have done was to put a thicker anti-sway bar and metal Heim links from the factory AND used some quality front shocks. Instead they saved a few bucks and made their early RTs handle like a drunken pig. Oh yeah, align the Spyder properly before leaving the factory would help as well. The bright side is that all the Spyder handling deficiencies can be fixed rather easily with a does of customer bucks.

Hey Can-Am... suggestion! Have a SPORT model for every model in the line up (except maybe the F3 which already has upgraded components and maybe the new ST... not sure). An RT Sport... charge $1000 more and put top grade shocks, front and rear, an adequate anto-sway bar and a laser alignment from the factory. Folks who are buying their second machine wouild eat this option up. I won't mention an upgrade tire option.... Kumho and Kenda tires on a motorcycle are considered junk by many experienced riders. I think the term low-bidder comes to mind.
    I agree with most of the above, with the exception of the part about aligning the Spyders at the factory. If I'm not mistaken, the alignment is performed by the dealer when they assemble the machines out of the crate. I would be in favor of BRP requiring the dealers to do a better job of aligning.

Pam

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If alignment is dealer prep, it should be done properly at a dealer's... no argument there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
    If alignment is dealer prep, it should be done properly at a dealer's... no argument there.
    Alignments are done at the factory during assembly.

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Just curious, does installing the Bajaron Ron sway bar effect warranty if installed by dealer ? How about DIY ?
    Pete

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Just curious, does installing the Bajaron Ron sway bar effect warranty if installed by dealer ? How about DIY ?
    Pete
    No...it won't, assuming it's fitted correctly. Thousands have been fitted and if the there had been any warranty issues we would have known
    by now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3-togo View Post
    Pete
    Never had an issue either way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    We told you so!

Hey, I noticed in your signature line that your 2016 F3 Limited doesn't have the baja ron sway bar listed as installed. Are they not necessary on this model? I just purchased a 2016 F3 Limited myself that I plan on using 2 up to travel on, so I am curious if these are needed or not. I know the F3 T and Limited have the "Sachs big bore shocks" so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Dalan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The answer is: it depends on what YOU decide the bike might need...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The factory alignment is a total joke. Someone needs to explain to me how something that is aligned properly can have as much toe out as it does form the factory. Took me about 5 miles to figure out that my 2014 RTL was aligned by someone doing drugs. Get your ride properly aligned and put the Baja Ron sway bar on it. I also recommend the Baja Ron shock adjusters. Just my 2 cents but I consider this to be a safety issue.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dhawker View Post
    Hey, I noticed in your signature line that your 2016 F3 Limited doesn't have the baja ron sway bar listed as installed. Are they not necessary on this model? I just purchased a 2016 F3 Limited myself that I plan on using 2 up to travel on, so I am curious if these are needed or not. I know the F3 T and Limited have the "Sachs big bore shocks" so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Dalan
    All F3 models have the same sway bar part # 706202018 it's up to you if you think you need it or not, I thought my F3S did so I put one on.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dhawker View Post

Dalan
    Glad you are paying attention! You are correct, I have not put the Baja Ron Bar on the F3L. Lower center of gravity less body roll and better shocks. But that doesn't mean that I am not going to add one. I am still in the ryde it and see stage (just over 2000 miles). Honestly out of the box it does not need much! At the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally I am going to get it Squared Away with the laser alignment and see how that effects the handling. But even as hard as I ryde I am really happy with the ryde!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Warranty....

Hi Guys! Eventually I would like to get a BajaRon sway bar on my RT-S that is getting delivered this week. I was told that it would have to be installed by a shop so as to not void the warranty. I'm wondering if this is correct or am I able to install it myself without any warranty issues? Thanks.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's fitted correctly (& I reckon it'd be bloody hard NOT to be fitted correctly by anyone!!) then it won't void your warranty!!

But hey, for whoever came up with that one, good attempt at sucking you in to spending money with them...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    Hi Guys! Eventually I would like to get a BajaRon sway bar on my RT-S that is getting delivered this week. I was told that it would have to be installed by a shop so as to not void the warranty. I'm wondering if this is correct or am I able to install it myself without any warranty issues? Thanks.
    I specifically asked my "Platinum BRP Dealer" if the sway bar, or me installing it would affect the warranty, and was told no.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light