Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In my decades long experience dealing with furry creatures building nests everywhere, eating into everything, etc., etc., I started using Fresh Cab 4 or so years ago when I saw a display at the local John Deere dealership.
    I liked the fact it's environmentally safe, convenient, has a faint, pleasant, piney order and it works for me. Since I started using it in the garage and house I've never had a mouse, chipmunk or similar critter inside.

Earthkind.com

Sent from my little piece of paradise!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    I store my Spyder in my enclosed, attached garage, but still had mouse issues at first. Then, I read about MOTH BALLS on this forum, and have used them for 6 years without any more mice, spiders, etc. THEY REALLY DO THE JOB!!
    CapNCrunch
    : =)
    Done correctly they work great.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I heard something about bubble gum. They eat it until full & can't digest it fast enough & die from starvation. I don't know if it works. Anyone else hear of this??

Also anyone use moth crystals instead of balls?
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tried the rest, Fresh Cab is all I use and it works, just make sure you replace them and use as instructed

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mice

We ride all year so don,t have this problem we winter in Arozina but I use a product called repell all by Shotgun on our cars its a spray and good for 3 months works on all kinds of critters its the only thing I have used that works

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackrockcharley View Post
    We ride all year so don,t have this problem we winter in Arozina but I use a product called repell all by Shotgun on our cars its a spray and good for 3 months works on all kinds of critters its the only thing I have used that works
    I tried that on my front porch, and it does NOT affect Jehovah's Witnesses, or encyclopedia salesman.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    I heard something about bubble gum. They eat it until full & can't digest it fast enough & die from starvation. I don't know if it works. Anyone else hear of this?
    I've never heard of that but I just had an awful cringe thinking about that much bubblegum in my own gut. I guess there are worse ways to die, but that one seems pretty far up there on the list.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default My Spyder sits in my barn-----

My 2015 RT-Limited sits in our barn, covered with a 1/2 travel cover, hooked up to a battery tender and we place TOMCAT Bait stations throughout the barn and keep them filled. (knock on wood) never had an issue with mice, we have seen them but they end up dead somewhere. Lord knows our cat doesn't do her job very well. Grrrrr!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Default Dryer Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by ShortCake View Post
    Now that I secured a place for winter storage, I have heard many things in regards to mice/chipmunks, etc doing severe damage to motorcycles and the like in the winter (especially the electrical system). Since this is my first time needing to use a facility for winter storage (it is a large aluminum building without climate control) I am looking into how to keep rodents away. I have heard moth balls on the ground around the bike, in rags or stockings "ON" the bike and under the seat, rat poison and also to the extent of not covering your bike so to not make it a dark and inviting place for critters (some have said to use just a queen or king fitted sheet over bike). Someone mentioned a product called Fresh Cab which comes in a 4-pack and works as well.Just confused what to do here..any suggestions are appreciated.
    Use a box of dryer sheets. Stuff them everywhere ... inside the frunk, in the front under the frunk, wedge them between the body panels, place them under the seat, stuff them into the exhaust pipes, and before covering with a soft cover, scatter the remaining sheets all over the bike. Mice HATE dryer sheets!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    Use a box of dryer sheets. Stuff them everywhere ... inside the frunk, in the front under the frunk, wedge them between the body panels, place them under the seat, stuff them into the exhaust pipes, and before covering with a soft cover, scatter the remaining sheets all over the bike. Mice HATE dryer sheets!
    I was told this many years ago, but I have had mice poo right on them. I made the switch to Fresh Cab about 5 years ago and have never looked back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    I have the same, except it's a dual version. No problems.
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Default Cat doesn't work,

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    My 2015 RT-Limited sits in our barn, covered with a 1/2 travel cover, hooked up to a battery tender and we place TOMCAT Bait stations throughout the barn and keep them filled. (knock on wood) never had an issue with mice, we have seen them but they end up dead somewhere. Lord knows our cat doesn't do her job very well. Grrrrr!
    Sounds like the cat is well fed! Has to be hungry to do good job. Lean and mean= no mice, but remove poison as cat eats mouse and poison, no more cat..
    2015 RTS , Stock Black Rubber Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Another vote for Fresh Cab

Here's another vote for "Fresh Cab". I would have spoken up sooner, but I actually did not know what the stuff is we use in our motorhome. So I asked my wife and she told me it was Fresh Cab. It works great in there.

We have ALWAYS been bothered by mice in the motorhome. Tried everything! Dryer sheets were absolutely useless. Mothballs didn't work either. Even poison didn't work - they never ate the stuff. It got to the point where we just began to accept them, and just tried not worry about them. They used to come out in the evening and sit on the top of the sofa and watch TV with us. We gave them names.

After a while we ran out of names, and got tired of thinking up new ones. We also got very tired of the fact that there was no way to toilet train the critters. So my wife got on Amazon.com and started reading reviews for mouse repellants. Fresh Cab won out, and that's what she ordered. Never have seen another mouse in the motorhome since then, and the stuff actually smells good to us humans.

And... it's much more humane than starving the little critters to death by clogging up their little guts with bubblegum.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-26-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat