Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
I'm a " criminal " .... I have a 14 RT and had it inspected - TWICE - , after that I just didn't bother, WHY ?, because I keep my Spyder in great condition and I have a serious issue with paying $50.00 to have someone look my bike over ( 5 min. which = $600.00 per hr labor ) and put a sticker on it. .... I don't think anyone else should do this but ..... good luck .... Mike

I’m not disagreeing with your first statement, I know you said others should do it in last sentence too and respect that comment. It’s a rip off and I agree, but I can say this about PA. I run 2 large snowmobile trailers, a 38’ and 25’ toyhauler and a 36’ horse trailer. We put close to 30000 miles a year between the 5 trailers. State Farm’s and Erie insurance both 2 largest insurance companies will “not” pay full coverage/ replacement if I get in accident with them and they are NOT inspected. Even if someone hits me, the other insurance company can say it wasn’t inspected and was caused by malfunction. PA requires trailers to be inspected each year with brakes. I didn’t even question the spyder. I think “don’t quote me” but I imagine it’s the same with bikes if not inspected. PA requires it to be inspected every year. I’ve never seen a police officer actually pull a bike over for not being inspected or fined even but the insurance part is what scares me more than police. I can get mine inspected for $30 so it’s worth it to me for my insurance. I know glacier park this summer did check for state registration, insurance and inspection if required in the state. We needed reservations for each vehicle to enter the park before we got there. I’m guessing that will happen in others in the years to come.