Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
I run a cat delete from RLS, baffled, with an acropovic endpipe, and this produces a darker more gruntier sound. When measuring with a good Decibel Meter, the acro is more silent than the OEM Muffler with cat delete.
Straight pipe, is a whole other story - this is just obnoxious.
Over here in the Netherlands, people have started a petition which states "too loud is out", instead of "Loud Pipes saves Lives"!! Everyone their own, but I want to enjoy the sound of my bike, not to be obnoxiously loud.
Mine rumbles when downshifting (at higher rpm's). Over here, due too Loud pipes, some beautiful routes are closed for Bikers, and you will get a big fine if caught on those roads!
+1 for Pirate - I'm putting my money into a header and cat-delete system from RLS. Likely the punisher. You can reduce the ground-shaking level of those to something nominal if you must (add baffle material in the cat-del-box and exhaust can), but having that system with a modded air box and a tuner will be all you should need (or want) unless you are considering other applications (i.e. racing).