Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Can't say that I've heard of this happening too often before, Freddy, altho I reckon there's at least one other earlier mention amongst the older threads (can't recall ever seeing a resolution tho? ); but for what it's worth, I do wonder if there might be a loose connection/dodgy plug either on the back of your dash module or on the ECU itself?? I can't really think of anything else outside compromised wiring somewhere or a short within one of those modules that'd cause the system to 'inexplicably shut-down then restart' like that.... except for maybe a short in the ignition wiring/plug itself?

I wouldn't read too much into the engine kicking back on again as you described tho, that is something I've seen/experienced before, and it'll occur readily enough if you're still rolling in gear when/if the Ignition circuit is momentarily interrupted for whatever reason...usually, at least in my personal experience, that reason has been an ID 10 T Operator Error - something I've been known to resemble on a few occasions! I've also noticed that it generally takes some minutes of ignition power interruption for the system to actually insist on you doing the whole 'press mode' thing again, so even tho it might flash on the dash for a second or so, it's always skipped ahead & started running again, so the system 'insisting on you pressing mode' thing is not something I've encountered when things have been suddenly shut down while the Spyder's been actually moving (not yet anyway ) - thankfully!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2023 at 08:43 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!