Spyder Garage

Question Is there an Accessory Left Mirror Extension for Passenger use?

I have 2022 RT Limited. My passenger was used to a GoldWing and on it she could look into the left mirror to see what was behind the bike and warn the driver when someone was passing. She cannot see behind us on this bike. Has anyone found a mirror that can be easily attached to the existing mirror that will give the passenger the ability to help the driver? I did order the fasten-on convex mirror, but it probably will not be enough? The mirror set fairly low on the Spyder so I have to look down and take my attention off the road.

Follow up: I found an effective convex mirrow that sticks on the band over the left mirror and greatly increases my vision behind me and my handlebars do not block the view. The passenger can also see what is coming up behind.

IMG_1158.jpg
    Last edited by Tucsonsenior; 09-29-2023 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question.... ;-)
    2022 RT LTD , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The way we do it in Minnesota, we have the driver look in the mirror to see if someone is passing because we sometimes ride without a passenger. I don't much care for anyone passing me when I'm driving, but in Arizona it probably happens now & then. Good luck on that special mirror your looking for!Bill
    Last edited by Knizar; 07-27-2023 at 05:28 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

bicycle helmet mirrors (or rear view helmets), being passenger should be able turn around lil easier (further) than driver..? Solo ryder thoughts here

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I put these on the upper outside edges of my mirrors and they seem to work pretty good. Would also recommend the mirror lock things to reduce the mirror vibration.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874K6859/

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamo...-mirror-locks/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tucsonsenior View Post
    I have 2022 RT Limited. My passenger was used to a GoldWing and on it she could look into the left mirror to see what was behind the bike and warn the driver when someone was passing. She cannot see behind us on this bike. Has anyone found a mirror that can be easily attached to the existing mirror that will give the passenger the ability to help the driver? I did order the fasten-on convex mirror, but it probably will not be enough?
    Peel & Stick Wide-Vu Convex Side View Mirrors for the Can-Am Spyder F3T / F3L / ST (A

The peel and stick wide-vu convex mirrors are great. They Look stock don't distort much and provide a nice wider view. I got mine at SlingMods https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...9%20%28Pair%29
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-28-2023 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see the main Thread titles, and Post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    bicycle helmet mirrors (or rear view helmets), being passenger should be able turn around lil easier (further) than driver..? Solo ryder thoughts here
    This was also my thought.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nothing personal, but there is no way I would be relying on someone else to tell me what is happening behind or alongside me. If I haven’t got a mirror setup that allows me a clear rear/side view, and/or can’t turn my head enough to check, I won’t be riding, for both others, and our own, safety.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Nothing personal, but there is no way I would be relying on someone else to tell me what is happening behind or alongside me. If I haven’t got a mirror setup that allows me a clear rear/side view, and/or can’t turn my head enough to check, I won’t be riding, for both others, and our own, safety.

Pete
    My thoughts as well.
    2015 RT SM6

Spyder Garage

Cool

" First rule of Italian driving ..........."

Quote from Gumball Rally.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Perhaps you'd be interested in a radar based warning system like this:

https://www.innovv.com/innovv-thirdeye-bsdsystem
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Have you considered a bar end mirror on the left side like those on the Ryker?
    Just a random idea.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

LaMonster garage, 2020+ parts, mirrors, Big Eye Mirrors. Works for us.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Pete
    Amen.