Spyder Garage

Default Sept 11th Memorial Ride

This is Part 1 of my memorial ride to remember those that died and are still dying on that fateful day. The ride started in the parking lot of the Medical Lake High School in Medical Lake WA. We rode to the Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Medial Lake where a simple wreath laying ceremony was held. It was a beautiful day for a ride. Temp was around 85° with only a light wind. Being on a Sunday, traffic was pretty light as well.

Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went up to Shanksville a couple of weeks ago to pay a visit to the tower of voices.

I still remember that day so well. It was a clear crisp morning in DC and I had just left the ATF Building on Army Navy drive.

I had just finished changing out the motherboard on a server and was on the ramp there to get on to 395 heading into DC when the plane hit the pentagon.

I got off the ramp and called my dispatcher and they started calling all of the techs back into the shop and everybody was getting the hell out of DC. I decided to go up to Arlington Ridge road and take a look from a park up there to see what was going on as were a bunch of other people .

That when the cops rolled in and chased eveyrone off stating that there was another plane on the way. Shortly after that we got word on the radio about the plane going down in Shanksville.

IMG_20230611_171440776_HDR.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

NEVER FORGET !!!!!!! .... Thank you for this thread .... and Thank you for your service and all who have served, and are still serving ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Part 2. We arrive at the campground

I think I misidentified this is Lake Spokane State Park. It is actually Lake Spokane Campground, located along the shore of the Spokane river. It was so peacful I could have stayed all day, but alas, it was only a stretch your legs, hit the restroom if needed type of stop.

If the video looks a little funky click the settings icon (the little gear thingy) and make sure your viewer is set to 1080 HD.
    Last edited by gkamer; 09-11-2023 at 11:00 AM.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

I am glad to see a remembrance page for the 9/11/01 event. Another one we need to never forget.

History Channel has some good 911 stuff on all day today.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-11-2023 at 12:31 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Part 3 Biker Down

I debated with myself as to whether or not to include this segment of the ride. I finally decide to edit out the graphic portions of the video and show how the members of our group got involved with this tragic situation by providing what aid and comfort they could to the victim and performing traffic control duties to minimize the threat of additional injuries until law enforcement could arrive. We came upon the scene probably only moments after it happened. As I stated in the video the rider was down but coconscious, alert and responsive.

The EMT/Fire Rescue from Spokane Fire District 9 arrived quickly and took charge of the situation. While some of our group remained on scene to provide traffic control until law enforcement arrived, the rest of use rode a short distance down the road and regrouped on the shoulder until the majority of our group reformed and we continued on our ride. I should mention that this rider was not a part of our group.

Last edited by gkamer; 09-11-2023 at 01:51 PM.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Bad way to end a ride.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange