Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
I find a great deal of irony in the biased question. :-) You asked on Spyderlovers - of course the answers will be mostly Spyderlovers - those FB folks that prefer FB probably don't come here 1) at all or 2) very often - that's why they would vote for FB. LOL!
Yes, agree 100%.
Facebook has its value.
There is a Facebook group dedicated to using BRP connect. I also belong to a Facebook group that focuses on the SENA 20S headsets. Further, there is a Facebook page specifically for the SpyderQuest rally.
And BajaRon, I go to your FB page to make purchases from you. Although I trust you implicitly, I will say other vendors can be problematic. I've bought things on Facebook from two other vendors. Each time I received the merchandise in good order, but my charge card got hacked. I don't believe the individual sellers were responsible, but it seems a little too coincidental. BajaRon's credentials are impeccable, but I don't buy from anyone else off of Facebook.
The Connecticut group posts rides there and we keep in touch that way. We'll also chat about where to get service, parts etc. None of us are interested in using Facebook as any kind of stage to pontificate. And, unlike this forum, we actually see each other IRL, so there are no keyboard warriors. The most controversial comment was "I have to go to church on Sunday. Can we please plan the ride for Saturday instead?"
The individual state pages here can serve the same function but seem to be rarely, if ever used. The last post on the CT page was in May of 2022.
Even this forum began coming unglued with flame wars until the moderators began using a heavy hand. May I add, a welcome heavy hand, I still have quite a large number of forum members on my "ignore" list.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure somebody on this forum will be more than delighted to let me know.