Spyder Garage

Default Both turn signal indicators showing on dash when turning left and right

Don’t know if this is normal
    2009 Can-Am Spyder GS SM5
    Turn signals and hazard lights work great, but when I switch on the left or right, turn signal, the dash flashes both left and right signals at the same time? Is this normal? I would think it would only flash the left arrow if I push left or the right arrow if I pushed right? Thank you.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SASpyder View Post
    Turn signals and hazard lights work great, but when I switch on the left or right, turn signal, the dash flashes both left and right signals at the same time? Is this normal? I would think it would only flash the left arrow if I push left or the right arrow if I pushed right? Thank you.
    I had an 08 & an 11 Spyder .... what you have going is not normal .... something may be wonky inside the switch ... good luck ...Mike

Spyder Garage

My ‘17 F3-S shows both on dash when either signal is engaged. Sounds normal. Just letting you know you have a signal on.

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Hiya Neighbor, left for left & right for right, both for hazards & or reverse. Also please is only the dash flashing or the lamps as well? Something else going on any history on the bike, additional lighting

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Hiya Neighbor, left for left & right for right, both for hazards & or reverse. Also please is only the dash flashing or the lamps as well? Something else going on any history on the bike, additional lighting
    Turn signals are flashing like they’re supposed to: left for left and right for right
    Flashing at normal speed so everything is working great except for when I turn on left or right signal with the switch , both left and right signals flash on the dash cluster(same as when I push Hazard switch to on position )
    A little bit weird though the guy with the 17 F3 who replied said that both of his left and right signals flash when he turns left or right, same as mine. It had a rock light kit on it, which I took off. However, I didn’t see anything that could cause a problem when I took it off. It was hooked into the accessory switch at the fuse box in the trunk (for power) and grounded at the rear of the bike with a single ground wire under a ground screw.
    Wondering if anyone has an 09 model that they can confirm operation of the signal lights on the dash. Wondering if it might be the switch

Spyder Garage

It's normal. You're fine...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have an '08GS SM5

Move indicator switch to left: left indicators flash and left dash light illuminates
    Move indicator switch to right: right indicators flash and LEFT dash light illuminates
    Turn on hazards: they all flash and LEFT dash light illuminates.

So the left dash light is the one that always illuminates with some light bleed into the right dash arrow.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    I have an '08GS SM5

Move indicator switch to left: left indicators flash and left dash light illuminates
    Move indicator switch to right: right indicators flash and LEFT dash light illuminates
    Turn on hazards: they all flash and LEFT dash light illuminates.

So the left dash light is the one that always illuminates with some light bleed into the right dash arrow.
    Ok then some electronic bleed effect , can understand that, early unit’s still getting bugs worked out. Thanks hope helps OP

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

This is normal. Unlike the newer bikes that actually have more of a automotive style dash with separate left and right hand lights on the dash for the different signals; the early GS, RSS have one light on the dash just to indicate you have to turn signal on doesn't matter the direction. The same light flashes on the 4 ways and the reversing action indicators. Its normal.

I can make a video of it to make it more understandable if it would help.

SIGNAL.jpg

CHRIS
    Last edited by riceca; 05-17-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RSS
    2012 RSS , Orange and black