Spyder Garage

Default Anyone connected phone to GPS then Spyder then Helmet & use h/bar controls?

Hello,
    I currently use a phone connected via Bluetooth to a 2023 F3 Limited for streaming music and Google Maps directions. The Spyder is then connected to my Sena helmet via Bluetooth. These connections allow me to use the handlebar controls to change volume, skip songs, see what song is playing on my dash screen, see incoming calls on the dash and answer them. With this set-up, everything works perfectly without having to use the BRP Connect/Go engineering debacle.

I am considering buying a Garmin Zumo XT or XT2 to replace using the phone for directions, for better screen clarity in sunlight and to keep Google Maps from re-routing me to faster routes during a ride.

My question is... has anyone connected a phone via Bluetooth to the Zumo, then connect the Zumo (as a 'phone') to the Spyder, then connect the Spyder to their helmet while still being able to use the handlebar controls to change music volume, skip songs, see what song is playing on the dash, and answer phone calls? I am trying to avoid purchasing a Garmin only to return it if this connection method doesn't work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I have a Garmin Zumo XT I use with my 2024 Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky.

I have an iPhone, and a Sena 3S Plus headset installed in my helmet paired to the Zumo XT. I initially tried to get everything paired to my Spyder, but since Apple Carplay is not currently supported, it was a waste of time doing that. The only thing I don't really like is that I have to check to make sure the headset is pairing with the Zumo XT when I turn both on. It's some extra steps to navigate into the Bluetooth settings menu on the Zumo XT to confirm it's connecting. Once it's showing as paired, I can enter the destination on the Zumo XT and the audio directions will play through the headset in my helmet. The Zumo also gives me the option to play music from my iPhone, which is annoying, as I'm still only taking short trips at this point, and want to pay attention to my surroundings, not listen to music.

I bought the Zumo XT because my 2024 Spyder still lacks support for Apple Carplay, which is what I use with my iPhone in my 2023 Honda Ridgeline, which has supported Apple Carplay from the day I picked it up from the dealer. If/When CAN-AM releases an update that adds Apple Carplay to my Spyder, then I will test using my iPhone for GPS directions on the Spyder display, and deal with pairing my headset to the Spyder. And will then probably sell the Garmin Zumo XT.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2024 at 04:57 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

I have the Zumo Bluetoothed to the Cardo Freecom 4 on my helmet bypassing the Can Am. Same with my iPhone. This allows me to easily move the Zumo between my two bikes.
    I didn’t find the BRP Go app all that useful.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

My 2024 RT it doesn't make a difference what order