Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Does the Spyder have an intercom, & will GPS Option connect to my helmet?

I'm looking to purchase a new trike. I've looked at the Tri-glide and test driven.
    Looking at the Spyder Sea to Sky online; going to test ride one at Americade.
    Does the Spyder have an intercom for driver passenger interaction?
    GPS is an option - will it connect to speakers in the helmet?

I've been spoiled by Goldwings with their intercom, radio, GPS, and CB all connected to my helmet.

Hardlyable
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2024 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I have a 2024 Spyder Sea-to-Sky.

There's no built in intercom.
    There's no built in GPS, either.

Apple Carplay would provide the GPS functions, but it also does not work (yet) on my Spyder.
    CAN-AM keeps providing release dates for a software fix to enable Carplay, but so far nothing (i checked for updates earlier today).

I ended up buying a Garmin Zumo XT GPS and mounting it on the handlebars.
    I added a Sena 3S Plus microphone and speakers to my helmet, which connects via bluetooth to the Zumo so that I can hear the directions from the GPS while riding.

I only ride single, so I don't worry about intercom, but the Sena has the ability to pair to other headsets through bluetooth, so it could work as an driver/passenger intercom.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Yes, you can connect 2 helmets to the S2S, Google Maps will output to the helmets, as will the radio or media on the phone. I use Sena 50S MESH units but there are others that are internal to the helmet these days, less bulky, and not hanging off the helmet.

Unfortunately, Apple Car Play is not working at this time on any 2024 Spyder or Ryker. SO, if you use an iPhone, you can still hook it to the bike and helmets but cannot use any of the Apple CarPlay functions. No date yet for the real fix (now going on 8 months)

Whatever Can Am you buy, be sure to test all the functions of the 2024 instrument screens and ensure the screen is working properly, as there have been many issues reported.

You will find the Spyder S2S a great ride outside of that, as the 2 front wheels turn better, and the bike seems more stable than the 2 rear wheels of a Tri-Glide.

You can find new 2023 S2S's at a good discount. I have one and there have been zero issues with it. I would pick that 2023 year if you decided to buy a Spyder S2S... but it doesn't have Apple CarPlay, though phones and helmets do connect to it. As the last poster said, he uses a GPS and hooks his phone to the helmet that way to get directions on his 2024.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2024 at 04:57 PM.
    2024 RT Sea to Sky screen now working but codes will remain until BRP releases the ACP update.
    2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green (guess what? NO errors at all in 9 months of owning!) Such a sweet S2S :-)

Spyder Garage

Hello hardlyable
    I am sorry to say that you're asking a lot of the Spyder.
    As for GPS, you need to read the thread about ACP.
    As for intercom, that will be your headset mfg.
    The Spyder will connect to your headset unit.
    Your iPhone will connect to you Spyder.

With my 2024 Spyder (as of 5-8-24) I can connect my iPhone to my Spyder and place phone calls.
    After pushing the mic button, I can ask Siri to call someone in my address book, and it will show on the screen.
    I can answer a phone call and it shows on the screen.
    I can listen to the "radio" from my Spyder through my headset or the speakers.
    As for GPS, it's on my iPhone, but since BRP has not yet got it usable, ACP is not functional.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2024 at 04:54 PM.
    2024 RT limited Petrol Blue
    2018 RT limited pearl White
    2017 RTS pearl White

Spyder Garage

I like apple car play. I use it in my GMC Canyon. I feel for all those that bought a 2024 Spyder. We got a new 23 RTL last year which has had zero problems. Glad I didn’t wait till this year to get one. My iPhone is paired along with the Sena 20 helmet communicator. So at least things work as they are supposed to which I am happy about.
    2023 RT Limited , Red/ black