Spyder Garage

Default Thinking about Extended Service Plans/Warranty - anyone have experience with them?

I am thinking about purchasing a 3 year Extended Service Plan for my Spyder from Discount ESP.
    They seem to have positive reviews. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-04-2024 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Only you can decide if the cost makes sense to you.

BBB only has 4 customer reviews for "Discount ESP", so not enough for me to be comfortable with the results, but they only have 3 of 5 possible stars.

The dealer I bought from tried to sell me several different add-on policies. Some I rejected, some I agreed too.

The big one I paid for was something the dealer calls the Platinum Pit Pass Agreement. It covers the cost of all of the manufacturer scheduled maintenance for 36 months (with a long list of things that are covered, including fluids and filters), and guarantees priority scheduling for a service visit. That last part needs some explanation. My dealer does not accept scheduled service appointments, so you can't schedule ahead, show up at the scheduled time, and then wait for them to finish the service. Instead, their default is you drop it off and they'll call you when it's done, which can be a week or more, depending on how many other customers have dropped off their vehicles for service. They're a full CAN-AM shop, so long with Spyders and Rykers, they also sell and service all of the four wheel CAN-AM vehicles. The "priority scheduling" part is what sold me on the cost, as it means when I drop off my Spyder I'm immediately moved to the front of the waiting list for service. And yes, I'd still be behind any other "priority scheduling" vehicles that are already in line.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Is your Spyder not eligible for the B.E.S.T warranty from BRP?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-04-2024 at 10:05 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Smells to me like someone trying to peddle a free lunch. I've never been in the market for such freebees.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Hmmm...looks like it is, considering how new my Spyder is, but it wasn't something the dealer offered me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-04-2024 at 10:05 PM.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    Hmmm...looks like it is, considering how new my Spyder is, but it wasn't something the dealer offered me.
    Most folks here use the BEST warranty ( I did also ) ..... The BEST warranty can be used ALL over the World .... Other warranties can ONLY BE USED AT THE DEALER YOU BOUGHT THE WARRANTY FROM ..... if you get the BEST warranty - you buy it just before the Factory warranty ends .... this continues what you have for another 3 years. ..... IMotorsports ( a sponsor here ) has the best price less than $ 700 ......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Not sure, I have a 2012 RT Limited with 3,500 miles.

I thought B.E.S.T is only for newer Spyders?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2024 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    Only you can decide if the cost makes sense to you.

BBB only has 4 customer reviews for "Discount ESP", so not enough for me to be comfortable with the results, but they only have 3 of 5 possible stars.

The dealer I bought from tried to sell me several different add-on policies. Some I rejected, some I agreed too.

The big one I paid for was something the dealer calls the Platinum Pit Pass Agreement. It covers the cost of all of the manufacturer scheduled maintenance for 36 months (with a long list of things that are covered, including fluids and filters), and guarantees priority scheduling for a service visit. That last part needs some explanation. My dealer does not accept scheduled service appointments, so you can't schedule ahead, show up at the scheduled time, and then wait for them to finish the service. Instead, their default is you drop it off and they'll call you when it's done, which can be a week or more, depending on how many other customers have dropped off their vehicles for service. They're a full CAN-AM shop, so long with Spyders and Rykers, they also sell and service all of the four wheel CAN-AM vehicles. The "priority scheduling" part is what sold me on the cost, as it means when I drop off my Spyder I'm immediately moved to the front of the waiting list for service. And yes, I'd still be behind any other "priority scheduling" vehicles that are already in line.
    I see red flags. A dealer with a drop off and wait repair policy has a couple strikes against them for starters. IMO of course. Do you have other dealers in your area ??? Any "non-BEST" warranty will not be honored by other dealers. You may want to consider that. Most people on site feel the BEST warranty from BRP is the way to go. And you can buy it for $700 from iMoto. You are NOT required to purchase BEST from the selling dealer. And, it is honored at any BRP Spyder dealer. Let us know what you do.

Give your dealer a test. Ask him how much for BEST warranty. Keep the iMoto price in your pocket. See what they say. If it's over $1000, and I think it will be, you can go from there. Any warranty add-on program is a profit maker for the dealer. Some are more greedy than others.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-05-2024 at 12:50 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I wasn't really happy with the no scheduled service appointments policy.

At just over 80 miles away from where I live, they are the closest CAN-AM dealer.

The distance and the service policy is the main reason I bought a Stinger CAN-AM trailer.
    I can tow the Spyder to them, drop it off, then go pick it up when they are done with it.
    In the meantime the trailer folds up and is stored against a wall in my garage.

FoldedAndStowed.jpg
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

Can you give me the iMoto web address or phone number? I'd like to contact them. I can't find them online.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Go to the Home tab on this website; scroll a bit more than halfway down the page; and you will see the iMotorsports advert. Click on it; and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page where you will find, inter alia, the address and phone number.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2024 at 11:28 PM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You can call Thomas at 630-529-5200 and he can give you the breakdown of how it works. The site is www.imotorsportsinc.com
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

$671 for 3 years of BRP Best for Spyders from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
    IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

T.P.

Spyder Garage

Just picked up my (3) year BEST from Thomas on Tuesday. Same cost of $671

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRLG View Post
    Not sure, I have a 2012 RT Limited with 3,500 miles.

I thought B.E.S.T is only for newer Spyders?
    I did not realize we were talking about a Spyder that old. No you are not eligible for the BEST warranty. That has to be purchased before the factory expires.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze