Spyder Garage

Default How should I stack/alternate LED strip under-lighting?

I had LED lights on my Victory. Thought the F3 would look good with them too. My bike is blue, and I got Ice Blue LED strips. Read a few more threads and consulted a buddy here in Fla and he suggested maybe blue is not best idea due to LEO's. So I also bought some green. Between the two mixing, I should be able to get kind of a teal look. My question is: Does anyone know how I should stack the strips, i.e. one above the other; or go in every section or 2 where you can splice and alternate them to get the color? Maybe it's a hit and miss thing, but I just plan on running them on the back side under the bars (engine side).
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2024 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djh3 View Post
    I had LED lights on my Victory. Thought the F3 would look good with them too. My bike is blue, and I got Ice Blue LED strips. Read a few more threads and consulted a buddy here in Fla and he suggested maybe blue is not best idea due to LEO's. So I also bought some green. Between the two mixing, I should be able to get kind of a teal look. My question is: Does anyone know how I should stack the strips, i.e. one above the other; or go in every section or 2 where you can splice and alternate them to get the color? Maybe it's a hit and miss thing, but I just plan on running them on the back side under the bars (engine side).
    I would just go with a system that you can adjust the light colors. XKGlow is one such system that allows: user-selectable colors; changeable patterns for lights; on/off and color; and also allows connection to the bike for turn signal and brake light interconnection. I believe Lamonster Garage sells them or you can shop around.

Wayne
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2024 at 09:41 AM.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djh3 View Post
    Blue and or Red is likely to be a Legal issue .... check with DMV .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I found the statute. While it doesnt specifically say you cant have blue on the sides, I really dont want to press that issue. It does say you cant have blue facing forward visibility. The greens came today, so I mauked up a blue and green strip stacked, didnt get the effect I was looking for. I have a couple other Ideas.