Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1927
    Spyder Garage

Got the bike back from being serviced. Battery pronounced to be in great shape. They could not identify the reason for the fault codes. We went out for a ride to lunch to check out how the bike is running. 4 hours round trip on twisty hilly roads. Bike ran very well. We had a a nice lunch at the Tamaqua Station Restaurant in Tamaqua, PA. (northwest of Allentown, PA).
    Last edited by Lee0123; 05-12-2024 at 04:28 AM.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Installed a show chrome shock under my seat, finally! Hallelujah! One OEM BRP replacement by the dealer, it failed; so I got the Show Chrome; & I now have access to my fuel filler. Wow, what a difference! I'm sure there are those that had an easy time with that install, I did not, but I got it done.

2020 RTL
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-13-2024 at 02:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

Put the F3 brake pad on from Value Accessories.

20240513_160406.jpg

20240513_160359.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-13-2024 at 06:55 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

I washed the with https://www.chemicalguys.com/product...45429270217009.

This weekend I am going replace the OEM fog light bulbs, and the OEM headlight bulbs.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

As hard as it may be... I finally put on the Knightrider lite kit. I had it years ago but I never got over the paint part crisis of 2020! It still hurts... But oh well time moves on I guess.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-16-2024 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Nice job Ray. I like it. I have the regular LED on my RT. Here is NY State, I can't put any lights on that use red and blue sequentially. I wish I could. I've encountered a few that I could have jokingly used them on for pulling stupid stunts in front of me.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The nice thing about this set of lights is that it has other colors you can use. You can set it to pink, purple, white, green, yellow, or any of the other colors it can show.

I'm quite sure if I went around flashing police colors even here in Texas, they might find that a bit ticketable. Lol

Although it does look nice on my bike, I think I'll save those particular colors for parking lot displays.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2024 at 04:27 PM.
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

After picking up my 2024 Spyder RTL on May 8, I've been doing things bit by bit.
    - Started with a 5 foot wire to power my Warm 'n Safe heated liner. Ran it to just above the gas cap. Could probably use it as it, but I attach an extension when using it to give me plenty of length to move around in the seat.

From Slingmods...
    - 12V Cell Phone/GPS Docking Station with Dual USB Charge Ports for the Can-Am Spyder RT (2020+) - I got the A model with the upper tab on which I mounted a Zumo 396 LMT. I'll add a RAM ball for the lower tab which will be used for other things as the need arises.
    - The Plug N' Play 12V Accessory Power Harness for the Can-Am Spyder RT (2020+) - daisy chained to the adapter for the docking station, made it easy to wire the Zumo using the Wago connectors.
    - EvolutionR Series Plug N' Play LED Auxiliary Running Light Bar for the Can-Am Spyder RT (2020+) - this is the one for the space in the lower front. Purchased primarily to help oncoming drivers see me.
    - Plug N' Play Brake Light Flasher/Modulator Kit for the Can-Am Spyder F3T / F3L (All Years) & RT Models (2020+) - yes, it is plug n' play once you get to where it goes, but that's a bunch of screws and parts to remove to get to there. Have to mention, Slingmods videos are very helpful! Though there are some differences on the 2024. Everything is Torx now and there are a couple more to remove from the side cases that apparently aren't there on earlier models. Also, there is one screw on the removable panel on top of the side cases that has a washer. Since you're not expecting that (none of the others have a washer), it is easy to drop.
    - Show Chrome Plastic Key Cover with Key Ring Hole for the Can-Am Spyder Double Black 41-182BK. I agree with Chris the Spyder Minimalist, the included wire loop is too long if you want to put other keys on it. They will hang down on the console and could cause some scratching. But the covers themselves are a great addition to the key so I can use a ring with it.
    - Full set of luggage. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use it all. I think I want the trunk for my helmet, though I might experiment with putting it in the frunk. It (Shoei Neotec 2) doesn't fit in the right-hand side case.
    - Push Pin Removal Tool for the Polaris Slingshot, Can-Am Spyder, & Ryker - I like this better than the push pin pliers I bought from Harbor Freight.

From Lamonster
    - KOTT Grilles - not sure I got the upper inside block in the correct place. But they are in solidly and look good. As well as being practical.
    --- Needed a buy a right-angle drill bit attachment to get the KOTTs installed. Having the right tool sure makes a difference. Grabbed the one by Jamiikury from Amazon.
    - Missing Belt Guard - OK, haven't done this one yet. Maybe sometime next week.

From Can-Am
    - Adjustable wind deflectors - not yet sure if these really make a difference. I'll know better after I get out on a 90 degree day. I was wishing for more airflow on my first ride in those temps. Hoping these will provide that.
    --- Had to get one of these to get those installed. Maybe there was a way to do it with a regular driver, but I couldn't see it. Plus, I'm sure I'll find lots of things to use this for: Amazon - MULWARK 20pc 1/4 Ultra Low-Profile Mini Ratchet Wrench Close Quarters Screwdriver Set with High Torque - Right Angle EDC Tool with 90 Degree Mini Offset Reversible Drive Handle & Multi Hex Bits Set. Fortunately I had a T30 bit from a different set, else you'd need to get one of those too.

- Silver mirror covers - I wasn't willing to cough up the extra $1500 for the Platine version, but really wanted mirror covers that matched the silver on the rest of the bike so go them separately. I think that A. they look much better and B. they will provide a little bit more visibility. Note that I also needed to buy 4 of the body panel clips since the ones on the existing covers appear to be stuck on with glue.

IMG_0428.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-17-2024 at 04:25 PM.
    2024 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I took a ride & did some errands.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Went on my daily ride between showers.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Went out for a short ride after switching to summer mode, removed the windshield and put the gauge spoiler on.

The crawler is also sporting a new nose piercing. I was reading that you should never ride faster than your guardian angel and it should be low to the ground.

I did the piercing and the wife did the honors of hanging the guardian angel bell as she is the one that gave it to me.

IMG_20240516_171604842.jpg IMG_20240516_171504231.jpg

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Had a headlight out and had a replacement in the garage waiting for the next (this one) to fail. I thought that LEDs were supposed to last much longer than incandescent bulbs? Had a bit of difficulty with one of the headlight mounting bolts (the bottom one that is buried). All better now...........
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2024 at 07:20 PM.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I installed LED headlight bulbs.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Had a headlight out and had a replacement in the garage waiting for the next (this one) to fail. I thought that LEDs were supposed to last much longer than incandescent bulbs? Had a bit of difficulty with one of the headlight mounting bolts (the bottom one that is buried). All better now...........
    Interesting, yes, quality LED headlights should last a long time.
    Some of the concerns though are heat, generated from the LED chip to generate actual light.

Old school halogen bulbs do run hot. However as everyone knows, that heat from the halogen is on account of passing electrical current thru a fine wire, until it glows to produce actual light.

LED though is more susceptible to decreasing output as the diodes operate, getting hot without proper cooling.

Early, and possibly still today, LED headlights used a stacked pile of braided fine wire electrical braid. The intention being, the braids would extract the heat, and keep the actual LED cool enough to remain efficient, bright, all while having longevity.

These days, it is more common to see a finned heatsink. The heat sink is expected to have a free flow of cool air moving across the cooling fins. Placing a finned type LED inside a closed cover headlight assembly can result with the LED running hot, decreasing output, and shortening life.

Many high output LED headlights utilize a small brushless fan with one moving part, spinning on ball bearings. Essentially the same, but smaller size, as we have all used in our computers and laptops. Those fans, in computer survive a dusty life, running for tens of thousands, if not more hours without complaining or failing.

The fan cooled LED headlights, force cooling air over critical LED components, keeping them cool, efficient, and long lasting. To clarify further, inside the headlight housing, the air circulates, and is able to utilize the headlights cool plastic shell to dissipate heat. Folks often state they do not want fan cooled LEDs believing the fan is the weakest link. Honestly overheated LED electronics from lack of good cooling is the weak link.

Yes, for many, many years, our Spyder has run high quality, fan cooled LED headlights and driving lights without issues.

So Lew, just curious, what type cooling method is utilized by the LED that failed?

Spyder Garage

3 hour ride and lunch in the E.TN mountains on an absolutely beautiful day.
    Changed out the Route 129 windscreen to the gauge spoiler prior to the ride. The wind felt good.

Spyder Garage

We took a ride and got ice cream.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Spyder Garage

Installed summer air in tires, installed top cuffs and mirrors.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    FOBO 2, Trunk rack, Afterburnerz taillights
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin Drive Smart 71 GPS, Large brake peddle
    White pulley, Pedal Commander, Trunk Strut
    Laminar Lip wind deflector, side windshield wind deflectors
    Home made belt guard, Shorty antenna
    Show chrome wide windshield, Belt dampener
    Top cuffs and Mirrors

7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

It stopped raining today after about two weeks. Me and the misses took a nice two hour ride thru the country side in Harford County, Maryland. Very nice day on the Sea to Sky. Then washed the bike when we got back.
    Last edited by MCole; 05-19-2024 at 07:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

My previous owner ran a USB cable from the trunk all the way to the handlebars. I thought it was resourceful but ugly, and when I plugged in a USB adapter in the trunk I randomly got RFI out of the speakers when the USB cord was plugged into my phone. Probably a cheap USB adapter in the 12vdc plug, but hey a good excuse to delete the cable and add a "Rocker Style" USB port.

PXL_20240518_221458159.jpg
    Current Ride: 2015 RT Limited
    Previous Rides
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600
    2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
    1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900 w/2003 ZRX1200 Stage 3

Spyder Garage

Added the Baja Ron Ultra sway bar. Gained a minimum of 5 mph in sharp turns. Would, without a doubt, allow a bit more speed in corners, if I wanted it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-20-2024 at 06:44 PM.
    2024 F3-S

Baja Ron ultra sway bar

Spyder Garage

We had decided that we were going to use our phones for navigation, but found that the GPS antennas are failing in the phones. Rather than buy new phones sooner than we'd intended and then put them to use in this manner, we chose to get the Garmin.

I purchased the Zumo XT2 kit, along with a Motopumps GPS lock and the plug & play wiring harness from Lamonster last week. Did the installation today. I was counting on daisy chaining the harness with the front light kit harness that was installed a few months ago but it didn't work out, so I spliced into the previously installed harness and soldered the power & ground wires there. Everything powers up (and down) appropriately. Also used the Ram Mount Key Knob in place of the standard nut that comes with the Ram Mount.

Unpaired the helmet connections from the Spyder, which then freed up the GPS channels on the Cardo units and allowed them to pair with the Garmin.

While the body panels were off, I re-routed the brake repeater light through to the front and then up the cowling. The light bulb protrudes just enough to be seen from the seat. I'd made a much less professional looking install earlier, thinking that it would be removed relatively soon, but I like that I can keep an eye on the brake module performance and tune as needed.
    Last edited by Poppie65; 05-20-2024 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Corrected a misspelled word
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well about years ago My OEM antenna broke, so I decided to prevent that from happening again. I bought a manual retractable auto antenna, and last year that broke also (my fault, it was fully extended and hit the overhead garage door). So I bought a replacement made by Metra, and I am re-installing it into the right rear speaker pod. Yep, a bit of disassembly, but it is worth it. I live in rural Vermont and FM reception is spotty except for one station. With this antenna, I get about 12 stations .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2024 at 10:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well about years ago My OEM antenna broke, so I decided to prevent that from happening again. I bought a manual retractable auto antenna, and last year that broke also (my fault, it was fully extended and hit the overhead garage door). So I bought a replacement made by Metra, and I am re-installing it into the right rear speaker pod. Yep, a bit of disassembly, but it is worth it. I live in rural Vermont and FM reception is spotty except for one station. With this antenna, I get about 12 stations .... Mike
    Which antenna from Metra did you buy? I replaced my OEM with a short version and the reception is horrible, and I live in an area where reception is not a problem.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2024 at 10:09 PM.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Which antenna from Metra did you buy? I replaced my OEM with a short version and the reception is horrible, and I live in an area where reception is not a problem.
    It's model # 44 UL09 was $20.95 @ Amazon with free shipping. Crutchfield has it for less but no free shipping. The Metra is relatively short, so you only need about 8 inches of space below the mounting point, and the speaker box allows that. You would have to remove the OEM parts and get an OEM antenna plug from BRP (it's the same as the plug for the left side antenna hole). In order to do, this the metal antenna must go thru the rear edge of the ARM-REST which is on top of the speaker box. At least it does that on my 14 RT, I don't know what your Spyder is, so all this might not matter. Mike

Ps: I just brought the speaker pod with antenna out and tested it by plugging it into the radio connection. Well, I now get 12 FM stations instead of just one! For your issue, if you haven't already done so, clean off ALL the LokTite from the antenna and make sure the ground strap is connected properly and makes good contact. Many folks have found this makes a big difference in reception. ....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-21-2024 at 10:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

I took a ride today.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    Show chrome Trunk Shock