Spyder Garage

Default Any Differences between Ryker's Sport Mode and Rally Mode?

Hi All,

My wife is thinking about getting off the passenger seat and riding her own Spyder/Ryker. Since I already have an F3 Limited, I leaning towards adding a Ryker if she does decide to start riding on her own. Looking at the specs, I’m leaning towards the Rally but I’m curious if there’s any real difference between rally mode on the Rally and sport mode on the Sport model. Is Rally mode really meant for dirt roads and Sport mode for paved roads or is just a change in name between the two models?

If I do add a Ryker, the intent is that either one of us would ride it depending on our moods. I would likely start commuting on the Ryker instead of the Spyder if I did get one though.

Thanks in advance…

Spyder Garage

I think Rally mode might allow more wheel spin than Sport Mode.
    Something else to think about.
    The Rally comes with adjustable dampening on both the front and rear shocks.
    It also has the Comfort seat and flatter handlebars.
    I bought a 2022 Sport last summer and most of the time I just use Standard mode.
    I changed to the Comfort seat and passenger seat and put on the Drag bars.
    I am happy with it so far and the only changes I plan on going are a steering damper and a under Max Mount brake light turn signal.
    Hope this helps.
    Bruce

Spyder Garage

Buy the Ryker that you think that you will like best. Once wife gets to driving, she will eventually sit on the F3L it will become hers. Ask me how I know.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks folks, especially AR. That’s my assumption as well so I’m definitely making sure that if I do pick up a Ryker, it’s a model I can be happy with. I’m leaning towards the Rally mainly because of what comes standard on it (Akrapovic and adjustable dampening mainly, not to mention the ride mode).

Spyder Garage

I went with the Rally because it came standard with several of the items I was going to upgrade to anyways. I bought in 2019 so these new ones have even better options than I had.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 06:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

I owned a 2019 Rally that had both Sport Mode and Rally Mode. Unless something has changed, Rally Mode has less restrictions than Sport Mode, meaning less interference from the "Nanny". The rear end would break loose a bit easier in Rally Mode. Also, the Rally has about an inch more clearance vs the other models, which helps me out on the garbage country roads in my area. I have to be careful on my RT or I will scrape the front end. The suspension on the newer Rally's is much improved as well. Either way, you can't really go wrong, but the Rally definitely gives you more bang for the buck with all of the extras included over the Sport model. Also, look for a NOS 2022 or 2023 Rally. Unless you are in love with the silver wheels on the 2024, they are identical in every other way. I just purchased a new in the crate 2022 Rally for about $6k less than a 2024. The rebates and financing deals are awesome right now.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2024 at 05:24 PM.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
    2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod

Spyder Garage

I wonder if there is a way to unlock Rally mode on the sport models.. That would be awesome to have a little more play on pavement. I'm putting down enough power to do it, but once I hit a certain angle it always shuts me down.
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Spyder Garage

That is a good question. Do they program each unit depending on what model it is, or do they all have the same computer and they lock/unlock certain features?
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Harley Davidson Dyna Street Bob
    2004 Harley Davidson V-Rod