Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Added a large (7") Carplay Display screen to a Spyder RT?

I ride a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S.

I have been using a ram-mounted Garmin GPS to plan our routes for our summer vacation rides. The GPS is old, and even with all updates installed it is not accurate, compared to Google maps or Waze, as I found out on my last trip.
    I have been looking at Carplay-capable display screens and thinking of adding one to the bike using the existing Ram mount. Has anyone added a display or iPad or something similar for navigation? I am thinking of linking from my phone to the display so I can use Google maps, Apple maps, or Waze at my discretion. Also, I am looking at the 7" screen, not the 5" - more for ease of viewing than anything else. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:43 PM.

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I know of a product from a company called Carpuride (Carpuride.com) that supposedly gives Apple Carplay and Android Auto to a vehicle not so equipped.

NOTE: Other than the existence of it, I know NOTHING of the product, this is NOT an endorsement.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:42 PM.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder3 View Post
    I ride a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S.

I have been using a ram-mounted Garmin GPS to plan our routes for our summer vacation rides. The GPS is old, and even with all updates installed it is not accurate, compared to Google maps or Waze, as I found out on my last trip.
    I have been looking at Carplay-capable display screens and thinking of adding one to the bike using the existing Ram mount. Has anyone added a display or iPad or something similar for navigation? I am thinking of linking from my phone to the display so I can use Google maps, Apple maps, or Waze at my discretion. Also, I am looking at the 7" screen, not the 5" - more for ease of viewing than anything else. Thanks!
    I have the Carpuride W702 installed on a 2023 Spyder RT, so far, I am loving it. I did use the BRP app for about a month, but I prefer to use Waze or Google Maps, hence the purchase. To install it, I ordered the Bar Clamp with 1” ball from Lamonster Garage (link below for visual reference). And I am powering it via the USB port in the “glove box” which I have had no issues with. But I also do not have any other accessories or power draws on the electrical system, so your mileage may vary on this.

My setup has my iPhone connected to the Carpuride unit as well as my Cardo unit on the helmet. I can control maps, and music from the Carpuride screen. Because it is Apple Car Play, only certain applications will show up on the Carpuride screen (you probably know this but throwing it out there just in case). Also, I have not tried adding the handlebar controls into the mix yet, so I’m not sure if that will work. I have seen a post on Facebook where someone said they were able to.

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...all-lamonster/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:44 PM.
    ~ PJ ~
    2023 Spyder RT STD - Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

There's a recent youtube video about installing a Carpuride on a "8 year old" Spyder RT.

https://youtu.be/2bwMUJZXAt0?si=kFv7TnE_HPax-Nw-
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

I just recently purchased a Carpuride from a forum member but have not yet installed it. I just received the parts to add a dual USB port to where I have blank switch covers. Hoping to get that installed soon.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:39 PM.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought the 5" Carupride and have it mounted on the left side handlebar. I Bluetooth my phone to the display and use CarPlay. The Carupride is then Bluetooth-ed to the Spyder so directions and music come out the bike speakers. My phone is also Bluetooth-ed to my headset to take calls. I prefer this connectivity, others I know send all the sound to their helmets, but we don't always wear our modulars, sometimes we wear half helmets, so I like the sound out of the bike's speakers. I've had the unit glitch once or twice where I had to cycle it on/off to get it to connect, but overall, I am pleased with it. It is nice to have different map apps available.

(I plan on adding the center mount ram ball attachment when we stop at Lamonsters next month.)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:39 PM.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

For those that attached the Carpuride to their Spyder, does it receive its power source via the USB connector in the front dash stowage USB connector? Can it be Bluetooth connected to the bike or do you run it through your phone to use the bike's speakers?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-14-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    For those that attached the Carpuride to their Spyder, does it receive its power source via the USB connector in the front dash stowage USB connector? Can it be Bluetooth connected to the bike or do you run it through your phone to use the bike's speakers?
    I have mine powered from a switched wire under the seat. Phone gets bluetoothed to the Carupride, Carupride bluetooth to the bike. I "unpaired" my phone from the Spyder to prevent any confusion in the computer. Either the bike's or mine..........
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Have a W502 on order. Thought that the W702 would block seeing the bike's instrumentation more than what I would want, besides a 5" diagonal screen would be sufficient to see maps.