Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I too am experiencing the occasional delayed shifting on my 2012 RT LTD SE5. Just last week I took it into my dealer and was told not to worry as they had seen the issue before. I was told when I have my next service they will be installing the new larger transmission filter which they believe will help address the delayed 1st to second shifting.

Another anonymity I am occasionally having is when I start the
    the engine sounds like no oil is getting to the valve lifters for a few seconds. I have no idea on the cause so I'm curious if this is normal and if it's possibly related to the delayed shift issue.

I'm a new
    owner of 2 months and now have 2,250 miles logged.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I had put in the BRP blend oil in my wifes' 08 SE5 and man her's didn't like it at all. I drained it and went back to full syhthenic. Was using the Castrol full synthenic and will be switching to Amsoil next oil change. The blend will never go back in hers.
    David
    A "blend" of oils guarantees nothing. Use 100% synthetic oil if that's what you need. They use the word "Blend" only to charge you more. It could be 1% synthetic and 99% normal oil and still be a blend. You got it? It got you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    After changing the oil I had read on another website were the BRP blend had messed up some clutches . Can't remember if it was the snowmobile or ATV Can Am models.
    David
    It certainly wasn't the snowmobile. They have dry centrifugal clutches.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess it depends on the delay, I burned my clutch out at spyderfest and the rotax guys were aghast at what it looked like, I had 40k on that clutch and when you got on it hard the rev in the engine would stay the same but the speed would go down and then match back up. shifting from 4th to 5th at about 80mph would show you this more.

As far as the oil argument I think they shift better with full syn but there is no guarantee that is will save your motor (I'm on my 4th with "seth" use)

as far as shifting with the SE-5's the best thing I ever did to my spyder for that is put a power commander 5 in with auto tune, don't know if he helps with he close loop/open loop issue or what but it is significantly smoother shifting.