Spyder Garage

Default iPhone 5S Compatibility

I have an option to upgrade my iPhone 4S to to a 5S for free. I wanted to hear from members that are using the 5S on their RT that they do have full functionality. My wife has a 5S with a non Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter and it will not work. I wanted to confirm, before I go and get the 5S, and if I buy the adapter from Apple, I will have full functionality.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    I have an option to upgrade my iPhone 4S to to a 5S for free. I wanted to hear from members that are using the 5S on their RT that they do have full functionality. My wife has a 5S with a non Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter and it will not work. I wanted to confirm, before I go and get the 5S, and if I buy the adapter from Apple, I will have full functionality.
    I highly doubt the non apple will work the same. Other then the charge part. I have bought non apple stuff & ran into sync issues. I really like the functionality & fingerprint reader of the 5s over the earlier iPhones for safety.
    Last edited by happyspyder2039; 03-27-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have the apple adapter and use the 5s with no problems on my 13 RT.

Spyder Garage

I have the apple adapter and use the 5s with no problems on my 13 RT. The phone charges and I can control my play list but that all I use it for.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default clarification?

I am not sure what you mean by adapter.

I have a 5S mounted on the center of the handlebars in a ram mount weather box. I don't plug it into a power source for charging. It has enough batter to last me the day. If I want to listen to music I blue tooth it through the my helmet communications and my passenger can hear it in there's. I use the gps as well. If you are talking about the trunk adapter I plug into the twelve volt charger there and use the audio jack to listen through the radio or sometimes I keep the blue tooth on because my helmet comm is easy to use to change music and answer and make calls.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Am Poogs View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by adapter.

I have a 5S mounted on the center of the handlebars in a ram mount weather box. I don't plug it into a power source for charging. It has enough batter to last me the day. If I want to listen to music I blue tooth it through the my helmet communications and my passenger can hear it in there's. I use the gps as well. If you are talking about the trunk adapter I plug into the twelve volt charger there and use the audio jack to listen through the radio or sometimes I keep the blue tooth on because my helmet comm is easy to use to change music and answer and make calls.
    You are correct, I'm talking about connecting the iPhone 5S into the port in the trunk with the factory adapter.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

apple 5 works great you can hear your tunes and change them through the handle bar control. on my other bike had theapple 5 connection on the handle bar and could us the motion x gps on the phone and the voice commands would come through the speakers mounted the phone a ram mount and could see the maps on the phone.

Spyder Garage

hello

I have a 2010 RT-S. i have done a mod that works wonderful. I have a iPhone 5s. what i did was attach a 6 foot 30 pin exstention from the trunk to the handle bars. i used a 30 pin to lightning adapter MADE BY APPLE to connect to my phone through the unused area by the toggle switches. all functions work. the key is it has to be an apple product. most cheap knock offs dont retain all 30 pin functionality
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default troyboyrn

Thanks Troy for the info on the 30 pin cord. I was just thinking of running a I 5 phone power cord up to the handlebars so I can see my phone and charge it up when my wife's phone is in the back of the spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    yes, as others have stated, go purchase the adapter from Apple (30 pin to lightning connector) - that is the only connector I have found that will allow my 5S to play and charge - the cheap ones from ebay will only allow the 5s to play, not charge....... and you will have full functionality

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you get to keep your old phone, use it as an IPod (; That is what I did !