Hybrid View

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    When my warranty runs out I will be looking at ways to improve performance. My wife is tired of following my on our (her) Goldwing when I am unable to accelerate around a vehicle on a mountain road due to lack of HP. There have been times when she has come on the Sena and asked "what's wrong?" when I tell her I was at full throttle and can't go any faster. I'm not a speed junkie and I am well over 70 years old. But I don't want my ass hanging out in an oncoming lane any longer than necessary when I pass a slow vehicle.
    I've always contended that high end torque is lacking with both engines, 998 and 1330, although the 1330 is a lot better. I almost always drop into 5th to pass a truck. Acceleration is fairly decent in 5th and you can wind it up to 80 with no problem.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I've always contended that high end torque is lacking with both engines, 998 and 1330, although the 1330 is a lot better. I almost always drop into 5th to pass a truck. Acceleration is fairly decent in 5th and you can wind it up to 80 with no problem.
    I often drop down to 4th, especially when pulling the trailer. But more guts would be beneficial. I agree that the top end torque is lacking.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 89 Tooth Sprocket would help

When BRP came out with the F3 and they wanted them to perform better they simply put a 89 tooth rear sprocket on that machine...What BRP should have also offered was a 89 T. rear sprocket upgrade for the heaver RT machines which are more often ridden two up and many of us are pulling trailers...

The sprocket and belt are a simple bolt on for the RT from the F3...The problem is in the computer part of the puzzle...

Steve at Monster Fuel Injection is working with several sources to try and make this happen...

larryd
    Last edited by larryd; 08-17-2018 at 09:06 AM.