PDA

View Full Version : Where/what do you do for battery jump pack storage?

Revrent
08-11-2022, 05:40 PM
How do you carry your battery jump pack on your spyder? I just got a jump pack and a small compressor but the case it came in was too large for the frunk and it takes a ton of space in the trunk. I am going to take items out of the case but was hoping that there were some ideas here on how to keep it all together.

Thank you
John

Deanna777
08-11-2022, 06:56 PM
How do you carry your battery jump pack on your spyder? I just got a jump pack and a small compressor but the case it came in was too large for the frunk and it takes a ton of space in the trunk. I am going to take items out of the case but was hoping that there were some ideas here on how to keep it all together.

Thank you
John

I carry my battery jump pack in my trunk (it has it's own case) it fits nicely in there.

Deanna

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-11-2022, 07:49 PM

Thank you
John

I just checked your Bio for info .... you have an F3L, that's the problem ..... If you plan on moving furniture don't buy a Miata, get a VAN ....... I can get almost one month's groceries in my 14 RT...... Life's a trade-off .... you chose flashy, not storage ......To help, a jump pack should be easy to store - mine is 4" x 3" x 1 1/2" .... and forget the compressor, just get a few CO2 cartridges to inflate your tires (you're not likely to use them tho) .... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

2dogs
08-11-2022, 09:42 PM
I bought the inflator and tire patch kit from the green slime people which fits nicely in the bottom of the frunk with bunches of room left over. My jump starter came from Harbor Freight and it fits nicely in the bottom of the trunk, again with lots of room left over. Half of the secret to this is to shop carefully and as BK911 said, owning an RT is the other half the secret.

Bfromla
08-12-2022, 03:38 AM
Not saying you have wrong one, may want keep for other vehicle/family members. :dontknow: Maybe wanna shop around for a more motorcycle friendly size. Few varieties available, particularly smaller with air compressor separate.

198055 As seen on TV: Air hawk PRO -With rechargeable battery & cig plug, *programmable PSI shut off* also has li'l pouch that fits everything :thumbup: quite handy & “fairly” easily fits valve stem on rear tire :thumbup: (May require some rolling to get stem away from swing arm)

Rugged Geek 1200 & RG150 compressor: also fits “fairly” easily **no programmable PSI shut off**
198056 (RG has newer model jump pack out now, guessing close to the same size).

Good luck :2thumbs:

spyderbear
08-12-2022, 06:44 AM
I keep my jump starter out of the case, velcroed to the back side of the trunk, and its usb cord to keep it charged plugged into the usb outlet in the trunk so that when the bike is running it gets a charge.
2019 F3 Ltd

EdMat
08-12-2022, 07:28 AM
I keep a small bag in the trunk. 10" x 6" x 6". It contains: Jump starter, Air compressor, Tire patch kit, 2 foldable wheel chocks, Torx bits with ratchet, Small set of sockets, Multi bit screwdriver, Small first aid kit, Small adjustable wrench, Pliers, 10 & 12 mm combination wrenches, Couple of spare push pins and body screws, Wire stripper, Electrical tape, 5' of wire, Zip ties, etc.

Forgot to add in knife and paracord........

vito1943
08-12-2022, 10:46 AM
I bought one like this from Amazon and it worked to jump start an SUV with a V-8 engine. Takes up very little space and could easily be put into the bottom of the frunk. I carry these in my car but not in my Spyder. I just don't see needing one as a realistic concern. https://smile.amazon.com/LOFTEK-Portable-Battery-Starter-Charger/dp/B08KSZSPBM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=18XFS02ZQZNOA&keywords=loftek+jump+starter&qid=1660319068&sprefix=loftek%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-3