PDA

View Full Version : Rt-s Air Suspension/ issues

magman
09-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey guys and gals looking for some input on our new baby... just have to say we love our spyder first. Only had it 1 day and the dash went out, just an illuminated screen, no info or adjustments possible,couldn't reset trailer mode so abandoned trailer. Air suspension wasn't working when we got it , couldn't move auto setting I was going to breakin first before service dept could look at it. Checked it over and found very loose positive battery connection. re securing did not restore dash or suspension functionality.Took it back for 1st check and suspension and dash repair. Dealer replaced cluster. When we went to pick it up Fri before weekend plans, the suspension still just said manual on new cluster, no auto setting on screen or function. Suspension holds air and is manually adjustable. Oh well made another service appointment and took spydy for weekend. Found no volume control from rear seat, could turn radio on and off but no adjustment possible , this was functioning prior to cluster replacement. Obtained service manual on line to educate myself on some of these issues prior to returning for our second service appointment.(pending Monday) I have questions is programming new cluster to RTS level required,could the dealer have missed some simple initiation protocol, and can suspension issues /radio and cluster problems be simply repaired ( common connector or ground etc), or is it 3 separate problems?? any input or similar issues appreciated. Other than these bugs we love it.

NancysToy
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
There is no volume control from the passenger control except for the passenger headset if you have the CB/Comm System. Also, check all your settings after the cluster change. You will have to readjust them if your dealer didn't. That can affect your audio settings, clock, or even the language (my tech left mine in French). I agree that your dealer should be embarrassed that he didn't know about the suspension setting problem. There is a service bulletin regarding this issue.

SpyderAnn01
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
:welcome: sorry to hear of your problems but you have just gotten answers from some of the most intelligent Spyder people out there. I hope your dealer gets you squared away soon and back on the road.

Marker
09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey guys and gals looking for some input on our new baby... just have to say we love our spyder first. Only had it 1 day and the dash went out, just an illuminated screen, no info or adjustments possible,couldn't reset trailer mode so abandoned trailer. Air suspension wasn't working when we got it , couldn't move auto setting I was going to breakin first before service dept could look at it. Checked it over and found very loose positive battery connection. re securing did not restore dash or suspension functionality.Took it back for 1st check and suspension and dash repair. Dealer replaced cluster. When we went to pick it up Fri before weekend plans, the suspension still just said manual on new cluster, no auto setting on screen or function. Suspension holds air and is manually adjustable. Oh well made another service appointment and took spydy for weekend. Found no volume control from rear seat, could turn radio on and off but no adjustment possible , this was functioning prior to cluster replacement. Obtained service manual on line to educate myself on some of these issues prior to returning for our second service appointment.(pending Monday) I have questions is programming new cluster to RTS level required,could the dealer have missed some simple initiation protocol, and can suspension issues /radio and cluster problems be simply repaired ( common connector or ground etc), or is it 3 separate problems?? any input or similar issues appreciated. Other than these bugs we love it.

Your Dealer should be embarassed . My air ride suspension did not work either for me when we picked our 2010 RTs SE5. The problem was a programming issue so the dealer just hooked spyder upo to BUDS and reprogrammmed the spyder now the air ride works. If your dealer was on the ball he would reset your new cluster to what it is suppose to be. I am assuming that you have an RTS model with air ride suspension if not then you cannot program to RTS level.

Leslee
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
After several efforts to get our 2011RTS rear suspension to adjust by using the button, AND to hold air, BRP authorized dealer to replace the compressor. After getting it back last week, everyone agrees that we had never had rear suspension since our June 2011 purchase. Wow! What a difference!

magman
09-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Thank you very much for all your replies. This forum is a much better place to go to for info , than we have experienced from our dealer, I hope that what we have is not the norm of caliber of service from franchises of BRP .
Alas it gets a little worse,we made work arrangements to arrive for Mondays service appointment, arrive with intent and alternate transport to leave vehicle with dealer for repair. I had all info from you fine persons with me to assist tech with issues resolutions. After waiting for a while I was informed that the dealer is no longer a Spyder dealer and to make arrangements with another. I was graciously given a peiece of paper with a phone number on it.
Funny, funny .
For persons with a factory GPS ,you can delete Georges Marine from your Spyder dealer locate app.
Looks like we are off for 120 k one way trip to the next nearest dealer. On a positive note we enjoyed the fall colors and beautiful weather . I will keep posting updates.

NancysToy
09-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Thank you very much for all your replies. This forum is a much better place to go to for info , than we have experienced from our dealer, I hope that what we have is not the norm of caliber of service from franchises of BRP .
Alas it gets a little worse,we made work arrangements to arrive for Mondays service appointment, arrive with intent and alternate transport to leave vehicle with dealer for repair. I had all info from you fine persons with me to assist tech with issues resolutions. After waiting for a while I was informed that the dealer is no longer a Spyder dealer and to make arrangements with another. I was graciously given a peiece of paper with a phone number on it.
Funny, funny .
For persons with a factory GPS ,you can delete Georges Marine from your Spyder dealer locate app.
Looks like we are off for 120 k one way trip to the next nearest dealer. On a positive note we enjoyed the fall colors and beautiful weather . I will keep posting updates.
In the meantime, with the rear suspension reverting to manual, you can still adjust it manually via the switch. Hit it once to bring up the display, then again once for each step you wish to change. Or you can adjust it via the Schrader valve under the seat.

SpyderAnn01
09-27-2011, 07:39 AM
A blessing in disguise.

:agree:

retiredsquid
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks to going in for the limp mode codes that popped up earlier this month I got my rear suspension fixed. Looks like the computer programming was never turned on for our RT when we took delivery in late April. Sure would have been nice the previous 5,000 miles. It's fixed now and I am happy and that is all that matters.

Marker
09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
A blessing in disguise.

:agree::agree: 110% The dealer is such a big part of the ownership experience of owning a spyder , you need to have competant dealers working on spyders to fix the problem right the first time.