PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon needs some encouragement about going to Spyderfest

Lamonster
04-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I won't say I'm surprised but I will say I'm disappointed. I was talking with BajaRon today and told him he had 18 days to get his Spyder in shape for Spyderfest, that's when I saw the look I've seen many times before :shocked:. He is not fully committed to going and I would take bets that at the last minute he's going to bail on me/us. You see he is a very busy guy and has so many irons in the fire that the fire is fixin to go out. nojoke If you can't take time out of work to spend a little quality time with your friends and in his case customers then what's the point of it all? I think he just needs to feel a little love from you all to make him commit to going no matter what he has to put off for a few days. The guys been retired for years but has less time now than when he had a real job.

So if you would like to see BajaRon at Spyderfest and it just wouldn't be the same without him then let him know on this post. It's easy for him to blow me off but it will be harder if 500 Spyderlovers are looking forward to him going. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21755&d=1271554665

fastfraser
04-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Hey Ron say it isn't so ???? Man you can take a few days away from the grind and bond with all your fans and customers. Rumour has it Lamont will drive slower so you can keep-up .:roflblack::roflblack:

tofriendscreek
04-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Uh, Ron. Life's pretty short ... and like I told ya you're one of the people i gotta meet before its too late. :)

So drop the paperwork and packaging, get on the Spyder and make me and hundreds of others happy by blessing us with your presence at Spyderfest.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?h3evhe
I'm mobile using Tapatalk

Dudley
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
​Ron, just post on SL that you will be at SpyderFest, leave a note on your email account that you will be at SpyderFest. If others can take a vacation to be there, so can you. Announce this far enough in advance and people will have no excuse to be upset with you if you are gone for a few days. AND, if anyone does get upset, are they really your (good) customers to begin with? THEN when you return, have Lamont help you catch up!!!

ezduzit
04-01-2012, 01:21 PM
You can wear my jacket there if you get cold!!!:ohyea:

DLewis
04-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Ron,:bowdown: please take the time to attend this years Spyderfest. I am looking forward to meeting you, Lamonster, Spyderpops, and SpyderWraps Pete. Along with other Spyder owners who make having and riding my Spyder great! :yes::yes:

boborgera
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I won't be there, But if you want some advice, When i had my Business if i wanted to take a long weekend off, When i left the office on Thursday afternoon as i was walking out the door i would stick a sign on the door be back Monday. Never lost a customer, if you tell them in advance, It's like your asking permission to take time off. Remember its easier to get Forgiveness than to get Permission.

IGETAROUND
04-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not even going to spyder fest; But I;ll be very upset if you don't put aside WHAT ever you might consider so important an ENJOY some time to kick back and decompress as well as a nice ride to and from. Life is WAY too short not to smell the coffee and the Roses.

Besids which it will all be there for you when your return, refreshed and recharged!!!

Mo Lee
04-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Ron you better be there, because all your customers will be there and who will keep Lamont out of trouble. On a serious note we would miss you.

jvicker
04-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Spyderfest is a national holiday and should be observed by all.

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I won't say I'm surprised but I will say I'm disappointed. I was talking with BajaRon today and told him he had 18 days to get his Spyder in shape for Spyderfest, that's when I saw the look I've seen many times before :shocked:. He is not fully committed to going and I would take bets that at the last minute he's going to bail on me/us. You see he is a very busy guy and has so many irons in the fire that the fire is fixin to go out. nojoke If you can't take time out of work to spend a little quality time with your friends and in his case customers then what's the point of it all? I think he just needs to feel a little love from you all to make him commit to going no matter what he has to put off for a few days. The guys been retired for years but has less time now than when he had a real job.

So if you would like to see BajaRon at Spyderfest and it just wouldn't be the same without him then let him know on this post. It's easy for him to blow me off but it will be harder if 500 Spyderlovers are looking forward to him going. :doorag:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21755&d=1271554665

Resorting to blackmail and extortion! Forrest wouldn't treat me this way!

I didn't say I was not coming... I just said I have issues! I had issues last year and I came! I haven't pulled the rip-cord yet, I'm just keeping it handy, that's all.

effgjamis
04-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Ron....... if you are not going to be there then who is going to pull me out of the ditch??????

pwilbarger
04-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Ron,:bowdown: please take the time to attend this years Spyderfest. I am looking forward to meeting you, Lamonster, Spyderpops, and SpyderWraps Pete. Along with other Spyder owners who make having and riding my Spyder great! :yes::yes:

This will be my first Spyderfest and I have to agree! Take the irons outa the fire and put them in the cooling trough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamonster
04-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Resorting to blackmail and extortion! Forrest wouldn't treat me this way!

I didn't say I was not coming... I just said I have issues! I had issues last year and I came! I haven't pulled the rip-cord yet, I'm just keeping it handy, that's all.

You never say you're not coming till the last minute. Do I have to remind you about the CA trip??? :lecturef_smilie:

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
You never say you're not coming till the last minute. Do I have to remind you about the CA trip??? :lecturef_smilie:

What California Trip?? :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccenFp_3kq8

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey Ron....... if you are not going to be there then who is going to pull me out of the ditch??????

If you get stuck in a ditch Forrest, you just call me and I'll come pull you out... You know that! :ohyea:

Oldmanzues
04-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Would it help you to come, if I say pretty Plwase, with brown sugur on it.
Oldmanzues

bud2061
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
this is one customer who may lose your your phone number,.............. wat's his name ???

NancysToy
04-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh, Ron, don't disappoint us. If I can make it (and even bring Nancy), you can make it. C'mon buddy, don't go making contingency plans. They make it too easy to back out. We'd sure love to see you in Cuba!

MMcc
04-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Ron,we've never met but I was planning to meet many of the folks here on SL. I am in China now but plan to leave shortly. Will leave California and stop at Cowtown on the way back to MN. Hope to meet you there. Mike

mrb
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Ron, you should go- just send me my plugs and filters before you leave though :joke:

SpyderAnn01
04-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Ron you should fill up Lamont's trailer with stuff to sell to all of us at Spyderfest.

SteveMac
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Ron, :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie ::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smili e:

You need to be at Spyderfest so I can personally thank you for my recent order!

docdoru
04-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Ron, you need to come to the SpyderFest in Cuba, MO because:
...you're a Huligan:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/12-23-201110-18-07AM.png
...you want to see and test drive "The Beast is Back":
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/11-5-20113-14-14-1PM.png

...you're our friend:
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/user5943_pic16018_1308576528.jpg

pitbull
04-01-2012, 05:42 PM
O no you didn't! Have you ever heard of the spyderfest swat team, ya didn't think so! You've been here! But if you hadn't much like the gum tv adds, they show up kid nap you throw you in a van and drop you off....... Think about it, ride your Spyder, enjoy the country side...... OR BE HOG TIED THROWED IN A VAN FLOOR, no windows and be tossed out at spydefest at 30 miles an hour, but hey no worries you decied. :roflblack:nojoke:yikes::doorag: I'll make the phone call

SpyderMeLucky
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Whatever decision you make will be the best one for you.

However, I have to add that It was a pleasure to meet you at the last SpyderFest last year. We rode together in a group of ten on the Passport run and had lunch together at Friscos.

You, along with the others at the table, encouraged a very newbie ryder in the world of motorcycles. If you decide to not come, you have to know you'll be greatly missed. Your expertise on spyders, SpyderLovers, and your business make you an invaluable asset to any group gathering.

IF you do decide to make the trip, then I sincerely look forward to seeing you there. Enjoy! Just think of who else you can touch with your experience?

See you soon and Ryde Safe!!!

Lamonster
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Come on Ron lets hear it :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtt9NYoktm8

pitbull
04-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Remember what happen to a certain lad one year when he didn't show up......... What do you suppose would happen to Baja Ron...... We would make.... We will make you famous, no pressure:banghead::shocked::thumbup:

Lamonster
04-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Remember what happen to a certain lad one year when he didn't show up......... What do you suppose would happen to Baja Ron...... We would make.... We will make you famous, no pressure:banghead::shocked::thumbup:

I remember :joke:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21770&d=1271554875

pitbull
04-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Wasnt there a video that went with that????? Hum would have much more people and more time to prepare much much more!!! :gaah:

dancogan
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey, Ron, I'd love to meet you in Cuba this year. As a matter of fact, a few of us got together at the Dam Site Inn in Hell, MI today and your name came up! Really! I won't tell you how or why - you'll have to come to Spyderfest to find out.

CyncySpyder
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
:wrong: Hope you can make it, buddy :clap:

rcdurango
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Even those of us that have purchased spark plugs and wires, oil and other things we have needed don't know what you look like. Have not ever been able to put a face to the name. Would like to meet you in person. So as I would say in my own business "there's life after laboratory"!
You need a break from working Ron, come to Spyderfest and put a face to that avitar for us newbies.

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Come on Ron lets hear it :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtt9NYoktm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFks9A9TCF0

Paula(Butch2025)
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Ron, :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie ::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smili e:

You need to be at Spyderfest so I can personally thank you for my recent order!

:agree: Come on Ron, It'll be great fun!!!
--Paula

kinggeek
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Ron,

You gotta come. You can't be that busy, all you best customers will be at Spyderfest looking for you!

I and I am sure many other Spyderlovers would like to finally meet you.

Heck you couod probably even write it off as a business expense.

We would love to see you there!

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I remember :joke:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21770&d=1271554875

Oh! Now you're really bringing out the big guns! This is some serious motivation. I remember this and it was a lot of fun (because it was someone else). I'm pretty sure I'm in this picture somewhere.
Weren't there baloons too! I may come just to keep this from happening to me! :yikes:
:yikes:

Trickie Dick
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
we really hope you make it. I was looking forward to some personal help with helmet fitting. I hope to have an Arai in my future and haven't found a good dealer for fitting here in Indy. I know you carry them, right?

Big Arm
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
aaawwwhh come on Ron, Remember how mush fun we had the last two yrs. ?????

Phil
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Ron... They DO have Internet in Cuba, as you know. I plan on keeping a office construction project rolling, approving documents, and operating a software company while there..... In between rides and fellowship:). Like was said- set your "out of office" in your email, and you can still get things done. Dude... I need to meet you! You're a Rock Star.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

G-Man
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Wasnt there a video that went with that????? Hum would have much more people and more time to prepare much much more!!! :gaah:

There was a video. Be damned if I can find it now. It was posted to the website after the first SpyderFest. I'll keep looking.

G-Man
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Here's the deal Ron.

If you don't go, I ain't goin'. What's the point. :doorag:

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM

You guys are killing me! I'd ask the Admin to pull this thread but something tells me I'd be wasting my time....

Hey, Ron, I'd love to meet you in Cuba this year. As a matter of fact, a few of us got together at the Dam Site Inn in Hell, MI today and your name came up! Really! I won't tell you how or why - you'll have to come to Spyderfest to find out.

I really appreciate all of this fanfare and I do enjoy seeing all the old friends and making a bunch of new ones. But really, you're all going to be having so much fun that you won't even notice! Really! You might miss my pancake making expertise (If Len can keep the hot plates going with those tiny generators), but other than that....

:wrong: Hope you can make it, buddy :clap:

I hope Teddy can deal with it... I'd hate to break his heart!

Even those of us that have purchased spark plugs and wires, oil and other things we have needed don't know what you look like. Have not ever been able to put a face to the name. Would like to meet you in person. So as I would say in my own business "there's life after laboratory"!
You need a break from working Ron, come to Spyderfest and put a face to that avitar for us newbies.

I'm afraid the real thing is somewhat dissappointing....

:agree: Come on Ron, It'll be great fun!!!
--Paula

Without a doubt! It's worth the trip just to see Len running around with his hair on fire. After 2 or 3 days without sleep he gets pretty sketchy. Does anyone know how he pulls this thing off every year?

Honestly, it has nothing to do with not wanting to come. It's the best even of the year. Why would I want to miss it? Truth is I don't want to miss it. I'm just not sure if I can do it off this year.

Ron,

You gotta come.You can't be that busy, all you best customers will be at Spyderfest looking for you!

I and I am sure many other Spyderlovers would like to finally meet you.

Heck you couod probably even write it off as a business expense.

We would love to see you there!

True... Is a divorce tax deductable? :roflblack:

we really hope you make it. I was looking forward to some personal help with helmet fitting. I hope to have an Arai in my future and haven't found a good dealer for fitting here in Indy. I know you carry them, right?

Love to help all I can, especially with a helmet. I do carry Arai and a few other brands. But I don't carry them around with me.

aaawwwhh come on Ron, Remember how mush fun we had the last two yrs. ?????

We did, didn't we... Now which one are you? :roflblack:

pro10is
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Ron,
None of us are getting any younger. Go for it. :thumbup:

BajaRon
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Ron,
None of us are getting any younger. Go for it. :thumbup:

We're NOT?!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRVYFadgUa9kHx2sjhf4YGBA91ICPg9 dDzrXDXDk-JXVgr7WuCVg

Firefly
04-01-2012, 11:34 PM

Yeah..... And we actually liked him! ;-)

Don't make me get out my big ass banner printer..... I'm envisioning a 50 foot tall BajaRon that we will do unspeakable things to if you don't show...... ;-)

I live for this kind of mission!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mo Lee
04-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Did anyone think of what day of the year this thread was started! I sure it was just an Aprils Fools joke.

GloryRyders
04-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Come on Ron, you better come because, if not...............everyone will talk about you behind your back and your ears will be ringing:gaah:Besides, do you really want to miss out on all the "four F's". (Food , Family, Fun, and Friends)....................................did I mention FOOD?:bbq:Remember we have Mo Hicks BBQ waiting!:yes:

BajaRon
04-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Come on Ron, you better come because, if not...............everyone will talk about you behind your back and your ears will be ringing:gaah:Besides, do you really want to miss out on all the "four F's". (Food , Family, Fun, and Friends)....................................did I mention FOOD?:bbq:Remember we have Mo Hicks BBQ waiting!:yes:

MO Hicks! Awesome!

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-missouri/missourihick-500.jpg

Bob Denman
04-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Ron,
I'm in the unfortunate position of not being able to attend... My office is such that I pretty much have to be here to service our clients' needs... :gaah:
I really do hope that you can find a way to make the trip happen. :thumbup: Your customers will pretty much all be there anyway! :2thumbs:

flamingobabe
04-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Ron---life is to short to work and stay home.....pack your bags and I look forward to meeting you again in Cuba......

Lamonster
04-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh! Now you're really bringing out the big guns! This is some serious motivation. I remember this and it was a lot of fun (because it was someone else). I'm pretty sure I'm in this picture somewhere.
Weren't there baloons too! I may come just to keep this from happening to me! :yikes:
:yikes:

Got my picture all picked out :lecturef_smilie:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22388&d=1273958316

TicketBait
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Please say you'll be there

17 days left to get in shape! How's it going BajaRon, I so look forward to meeting you this time.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER RTS/party.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER RTS/willy_nilly.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER RTS/grouphug.gif

Please say you will be there or must we send the http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/police.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/police.gifhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/police.gif

BajaRon
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Got my picture all picked out :lecturef_smilie:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22388&d=1273958316

You think I look beat up here... You should have seen Lamont! :yikes:

That was a tough day. Only 850 miles, but for some reason it was brutal. The next day we did 1130! Piece of Cake! (Or, ice cream sunday as the case may be)

SpyderLady
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Ron, you just have to come o Spyderfest. We ALL want o see you. Please, please.

BajaRon
04-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Ron, you just have to come o Spyderfest. We ALL want o see you. Please, please.

If this keeps up I'm going to have to change my avatar!

http://www.elvisly-yours.com/images/mark128.jpg

G-Man
04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah, you're a rock star. :doorag:

SteveMac
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah, you're a rock star. :doorag:

:agree::agree::agree:

http://youtu.be/ml_JfFA0Vss

Bob Denman
04-03-2012, 06:50 AM
:agree: X3! :thumbup:

zrc
04-03-2012, 09:42 AM
If you dont go to Spyderfest you will have less "Business Expenses" for next years taxes. And lets face it, the Federals love to take yo money, its really just a good call for your business, and your tax return!

Bring some spark plug wires, some amsoil and peddle your wares like an E dealer in the middle of a rave.

ntxYguy2009
04-03-2012, 11:10 AM
O no you didn't! Have you ever heard of the spyderfest swat team, ya didn't think so! You've been here! But if you hadn't much like the gum tv adds, they show up kid nap you throw you in a van and drop you off....... Think about it, ride your Spyder, enjoy the country side...... OR BE HOG TIED THROWED IN A VAN FLOOR, no windows and be tossed out at spydefest at 30 miles an hour, but hey no worries you decied. :roflblack:nojoke:yikes::doorag: I'll make the phone call

Len,

I've been told that the Ron-team is ready!

TicketBait
04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
What's the latest? Is Bajaron gonna be at vendors village so I can pick up some iridium NKG kr8bi plugs:yes::coffee:

BajaRon
04-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Len,

http://www.orato.com/files/main//9/0/kidnapped.jpg

SteveMac
04-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Len,

In my best Mr T imitation, "I pity the fool that don't come to Spyderfest!"

BajaRon
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM
In my best Mr T imitation, "I pity the fool that don't come to Spyderfest!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8uCOPbH7I

JJW SpyderRider
04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Ron I was hoping to see you at the vendors village. My wife is driving down to the meet so I could load up her car with this years supply of filters.:pray: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

pitbull
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Sorry Lamont looks like your VAN down by the river may be temporarily unavailable looks like it may be on a renagade mission!!!! Only time will tell!
But no worries I'll have the team park it back down by the river..... No worries about the guy bond gagged and laying in the back, it's just Ron, please let him out I'm sure he has to peeeeeee:yikes:

pitbull
04-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Len,

On the secret signal all teams go!!!

BajaRon
04-12-2012, 11:12 PM
On the secret signal all teams go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk

TicketBait
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
This is encouraging!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?43bbq5
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zrc
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Hey Bajaron, I need the filters for my next oil change, please deliver to Cowtown next week so I can change my oil, kthxbye.