PDA

View Full Version : Givi Keyed alike

Babymoose
07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to let you know that you can buy a pack of 3 locks keyed a-like with 6 keys from Givi. They cost me $40.37 cdn from my dealer. This way I only have to carry one key for my V46 trunk and V35 side bags and I have 5 spares. The replacement is pretty simple just 2 screws on each lock from the inside. Just have to remember to never take the key out of the tumbler when it is not mounted. Oh yeah and watch out for the little ball and spring when you take the back of the locking mechanism off - they can be very hard to find - to avoid this I work with a big cloth (blanket) under the pieces. Oh yeah I have some locks & keys available cheap if anyone wants some (2) 319 locks with (4) keys and (1) 396 lock with (2) keys
Brian

shunkmanitu
07-04-2008, 04:30 AM
:spyder:
I just wanted to let you know that you can buy a pack of 3 locks keyed a-like with 6 keys from Givi. They cost me $40.37 cdn from my dealer. This way I only have to carry one key for my V46 trunk and V35 side bags and I have 5 spares. Brian
:chat:
Will Givi key them all alike if ordered at the same time? For the prices ask it seems to me that it should be done at no added cost with a SMILE!

Babymoose
07-04-2008, 10:25 AM
The (2) V35 side bags come together in one box and are keyed alike. The trunk is a separate order and comes with it's own lock and keys. Perhaps the bags could be ordered without locks and then you could buy the lock kit. You would have to ask your dealer to check on that. :dontknow:
Brian

Lamonster
07-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Good find :thumbup: