PDA

View Full Version : Help with very poorly written SENA update software

jcthorne
04-05-2014, 01:03 PM
I would like to update the firmware on our headsets. Problem is, installing the SENA manager software it insists that you 'Uninstall all other Bluetooth devices'

Well gee, that's kinda hard to do on most laptops as the Bluetooth is an integral part of the pc and on mine, drives the mouse and keybard. Attempting to install the software anyway, it overwrote and disabled the Bluetooth drivers for my laptop. Was great fun undoing and reinstalling all that just to get my laptop functional again. I really hate it when companies publish such poorly written products.

Is there another way to update the firmware on the head set?

Guesswho
04-05-2014, 01:12 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet! I just got my sena smh10 in the mail today and I can't for the life of me figure out how to install the new firmware update! When I plug it into my computer it says the driver couldn't be installed...what?! That doesn't make sense! Went to the sena website to see if i could download it from there but says I need to burn it on a disk?? What?!! Someone help us plz!

Motorcycledave
04-05-2014, 02:44 PM
To your PC and go to www.senabluetooth.com
click on the TECH Support and tell them your problem they will have you up and working fast
you can also call them on the phone. The office you are calling is in the good old U.S.A near
San Jose CA. they can and will help.
The SENA customer service is tops. Remember this is Saturday they may not get back to you
until Monday.
Dave

I would like to update the firmware on our headsets. Problem is, installing the SENA manager software it insists that you 'Uninstall all other Bluetooth devices'

Well gee, that's kinda hard to do on most laptops as the Bluetooth is an integral part of the pc and on mine, drives the mouse and keybard. Attempting to install the software anyway, it overwrote and disabled the Bluetooth drivers for my laptop. Was great fun undoing and reinstalling all that just to get my laptop functional again. I really hate it when companies publish such poorly written products.

Is there another way to update the firmware on the head set?

finless
04-05-2014, 04:45 PM
No other way. Yes its stupid. You will need a USB keyboard and mouse.
Only other was is to install a VM on you laptop.

Bob

Dan McNally
04-05-2014, 05:25 PM
The UClear firmware update was simple and painless . . .

pwm
04-05-2014, 06:23 PM
I didn't remove any if my Bluetooth devices and it updated fine.

Farmbanker
04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
I took that to mean uninstall Bluetooth pairings from my Sena. I did not uninstall any other Bluetooth on my laptop and it installed just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk