PDA

View Full Version : Learning Garmin Basecamp

nakerr
08-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Many people have mentioned in passing that Garmin Base Camp is complicated and confusing when doing trip planning for their Garmin GPS devices. This has been a common thread on a a number of motorcycle forums that I am a member of. A member of the ST-Owners.com forum has developed a downloadable tutorial for both MAC and PC computers.

The following excerpt and link takes you to the newenglandriders.org site where you can download the files.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?147667-Learn-BaseCamp-Agenda-%28Mac-version%29-complete

---------------------------------------------------------------
Learn BaseCamp Agenda (Mac version) complete
The Mac version of the Learn BaseCamp Agenda has been completed. The PC version of the Learn BaseCamp Agenda has become a very popular item in the National Motorcycle Community. We have had over 9800 page views in 5 months. It takes about 2 1/2 hours to complete the Agenda and it is the easiest way that I know of to learn.

http://www.newenglandriders.org/Learn_BaseCamp.htm

Hope this helps some of you.

pegasus1300
08-21-2015, 11:48 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: Thank You Thank You Thank You.

rpatsh
08-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks for posting this info. I've kinda got Basecamp figured out but this will help.

Purple Guy
08-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Excellent post Norm, Thanks! :thumbup:

ThreeWheels
08-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Many people have mentioned in passing that Garmin Base Camp is complicated and confusing when doing trip planning for their Garmin GPS devices. This has been a common thread on a a number of motorcycle forums that I am a member of. A member of the ST-Owners.com forum has developed a downloadable tutorial for both MAC and PC computers.

The following excerpt and link takes you to the newenglandriders.org site where you can download the files.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?147667-Learn-BaseCamp-Agenda-%28Mac-version%29-complete

Hope this helps some of you.

You hope this helps?
Are you kidding ?

I say HUZZAH !!!
You are my new Hero.
I'm going to name my next child after you !

Thanks !

JayBros
08-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks much! I've worked a good number to get a lot of what the PC instructions say in a few words.

fratzba
08-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the post! -Fratz

jmbiii
08-23-2015, 10:37 AM
I have tried Basecamp and want to use it, but the installer insists on loading it on my 'C' drive. I do not want to have that size program on my primary OS drive as it is only a 65G SSD.
I have found no way to get it to install on my other MUCH LARGER drives. :banghead:

robmorg
08-23-2015, 11:54 AM
For many years, I've wanted to take the time to learn to use Garmin Basecamp. But I never had the time to get into it, and just chalked it up to "one of those thing's I'll do when I retire". I retired in 2013 and have looked at it a few time since, but still I've never mastered it enough to accomplish much with it. It is, by far, one of the most UN-intuitive computer program I have ever come across. Maybe this will help. :2thumbs: