PDA

View Full Version : SpyderFest 2016 Camping

vstrommer
12-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows which campgrounds are convenient for SpyderFest activities? Anyone with past experiences with any and suggest a certain camping area......:firstplace:

Haze
12-20-2015, 10:02 PM
There has been a mention of the KOA on Rt66 and a reference to the fairgrounds.
I'm up for either place. :thumbup:Primitive is OK but I prefer to have Electric for my CPAP.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-20-2015, 11:29 PM
There will be more info forthcoming about the fairgrounds in Springfield......I saw what was there last year, and it was RV's & some trailer tent camping......If you can't wait call the fairgrounds for more specific info as to what they offer..............I do know this ....there were a lot of very happy people there :clap: :clap: :yes::yes::yes::yes:........Mike :thumbup:

jaherbst
12-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Google

Jack

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-21-2015, 11:28 AM
There will be more info forthcoming about the fairgrounds in Springfield......I saw what was there last year, and it was RV's not tent camping......If you can't wait call the fairgrounds for more specific info as to what they offer..............I do know this ....there were a lot of very happy people there :clap: :clap: :yes::yes::yes::yes:........Mike :thumbup:
There were a few tents there. I had my "tent on a trailer" there. However, there is no differential pricing. You pay the same price whether in a tent or 40' RV, except there might have been a no electric pricing option. My memory doesn't go back that far! :dontknow: It's definitely not a 5 star campground, but it was OK. Shower facilities are mediocre, as is the maintenance staff. But if I go to SF 2016 I'll probably stay there again.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-21-2015, 11:51 AM
There were a few tents there. I had my "tent on a trailer" there. However, there is no differential pricing. You pay the same price whether in a tent or 40' RV, except there might have been a no electric pricing option. My memory doesn't go back that far! :dontknow: It's definitely not a 5 star campground, but it was OK. Shower facilities are mediocre, as is the maintenance staff. But if I go to SF 2016 I'll probably stay there again.
:clap: :clap: :clap:....Thanks for the BETTER info, I corrected my orig. post to reflect this. I didn't know that they even had shower facilities available :gaah:.......Mike :thumbup:

NautiBrit
12-21-2015, 11:47 PM
My wife and I stayed at the fairgrounds last year and the cost was a reasonable $24/night, including electric and water. Sewer hook up was available for a small additional charge. The men's showers were mostly cold as they were having a problem with the water heater, but the ladies was fine. If you've stayed at city or fairgrounds before, this place is fairly typical. The good part was that it was close to the action either at the fairgrounds or the hotels, which were only a few minutes away.

Joanie
12-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Will check with Vanessa and post when we have more information. Normally all the info is released January 1. We have to get all the contracts signed and Len and Vanessa are in the middle of getting ready to move to their new home. Stay tuned will keep you posted.