Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default New Air scoops from BRP for 2011 RS

I received the air scoop side panels from supplier but no directions even pictures to install - anyone have

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

didn't know they were supplying panels for the 2011 RS. If they are they would go on the same as the ones on there now...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While a set of directions is always nice; these panels should essentially just pop into the same places, as the ones that they are replacing.
    If you look around in the ST Section; somebody who has installed them, will probably be able to give you some insight...
    Good Luck; we'll need to see pictures of the completed bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

As I have a 2011 RS I am interested in whether BRP supplied the panels to you or did you buy them? I was not aware that the older models were covered.

Thank you,
    Frank

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Cool 2011 RSS Side Panels

Quote Originally Posted by blambert View Post
    I received the air scoop side panels from supplier but no directions even pictures to install - anyone have
    Congrats!! I'm really happy for you and I hope it resolves all your issues. Did you have to purchase these, or were they supplied as a result of warranty issues? If they supplied them at no cost under warranty, how did you go about getting them. I've contacted BRPCares 3 times with no response. I even filed a complaint with the NHSTA. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated by me, and by many others, I'm sure.

Thanks,
    Bakerman

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

I made my own and they work great. Cost me less than $30.00. Now I feel that my 2011 RS-S SE5 is safer to ride and alot cooler.

Mike

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

I have installed new air scoop panels on my 2011 RS Spyder. Not difficult at all to install. So between the air scoops, I have drill out holes in the bottom of both sides of the splash pan and have hard plastic hoses going from where the fog lights should go, pointing directly into my Kewl metal air intake the Spyder should have increased cooling. One thing I have noticed with the air scoop panels is increase air buffeting at the Driver seat at high speeds. Previously I had installed the air wings on the old panels. However the new air scoop panels do not allow for me to remount those air wings.

DriveCA_airscoop.jpg safe!

Bob Lambert

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I have installed new air scoop panels on my 2011 RS Spyder. Not difficult at all to install. So between the air scoops, I have drill out holes in the bottom of both sides of the splash pan and have hard plastic hoses going from where the fog lights should go, pointing directly into my Kewl metal air intake the Spyder should have increased cooling. One thing I have noticed with the air scoop panels is increase air buffeting at the Driver seat at high speeds. Previously I had installed the air wings on the old panels. However the new air scoop panels do not allow for me to remount those air wings.

DriveCA_airscoop.jpg safe!

Bob Lambert
    Bob, glad you got them on with no trouble. Did you purchase these or did BRP replace them at no cost. I have a 2011 RSS, with only about 2200 miles, with serious heat issues that is still under extended warranty, but as of yet, BRP hasn't done anything about it. If BRP did replace them for you at no cost, any guidance from you as to how you got it done would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bakerman (Kerry)

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    Bob, glad you got them on with no trouble. Did you purchase these or did BRP replace them at no cost. I have a 2011 RSS, with only about 2200 miles, with serious heat issues that is still under extended warranty, but as of yet, BRP hasn't done anything about it. If BRP did replace them for you at no cost, any guidance from you as to how you got it done would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bakerman (Kerry)
    - I purchased them myself - didn't even attempt to fight with BRP. I have 27k miles on my 2011 RS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you got them "nailed into place"...
    Let us know if they help with the heat...

Spyder Garage

Default New Air Scoops question for bob

So did your purchase the equivalent panels for a 2014RS?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That would be the way to get them...

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Have any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I made my own and they work great. Cost me less than $30.00. Now I feel that my 2011 RS-S SE5 is safer to ride and alot cooler.

Mike

Hi,

Would you mind posting some photos? I'm scratching my head on how I could do it.

thanks,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What part number did you order and are they color matched I would like to get some for my 2012 RS S SE5. jtpollock