Spyder Garage

Default ECM and 50.1 Dash Firmware Update - BRP Notification Info Needed?

I called my dealer and requested ECM and 50.1 Dash Firmware for my 2021 Spyder RTL and they couldn't find any thing on it. They asked if I had a Service Bulletin or any notification. Does anyone know of any communication from BRP that I could reference? Thanks!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-19-2022 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask question ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

In the past whenever there was a revised version of the firmware BRP's position was the updated firmware was specific to the year of manufacture of the product and would not update older models. I can't say if that holds true for every update and every year, but that was my previous experience.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They need to plug into the bike to see the update. From what I read on a Facebook post there is even a newer update of 50.21. Hope to take my F3 in soon.

995D0C43-0BC4-4891-B883-3A2F447A115F.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drwerner View Post
    I called my dealer and requested ECM and 50.1 Dash Firmware for my 2021 Spyder RTL and they couldn't find any thing on it. They asked if I had a Service Bulletin or any notification. Does anyone know of any communication from BRP that I could reference? Thanks!
    I don't know of any notifications from BRP. The dealer should always maintain the most current version of BUDS2. This will include firmware updates, that will show up to be installed if applicable to the bike. As of this writing, the most current version is: BRP BUDS2 21.1.0 (58F7 UPDATE) released on 06Jul22. BTW we now have a dedicated BUDS forum...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks all, I have an appointment in August to get everything updated
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Not sure this is the update you are talking about.
    Before I bought my 2021 RT base , I was told by my dealer that there was an update for the RT to help starting bikes that have low use. I bought mine and drove it from Alabama to NJ , and was told i really don't need it.

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

The starting issue is an ECM update which is a different update than your dash. The ECM update is listed as a mandatory update and the dealer should have done the update.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: then - than ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT Limited