Thread: missing radio

Spyder Garage

Default missing radio

I am looking at a 2010 spyder. I believe it is an RT S SE5. It is not being sold by a CanAm dealer. It is at a regular bike dealer and they do not seem to know any thing about it. They dont even know how to start it. While going through the modes I dont have a Radio option. It says AUX input. MP3 player. I do not see any plugs any where to plug in my mp3 player. I see that it has a radio antenna but no radio option. I went through the preferences and enabled the radio but still no luck. Am I not pushing the right buttons or did the 2010 RT S not come with a radio?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Walk away...
    Without more information; you don't even actually know what you might be buying.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

BIG, really BIG +1!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny2 View Post
    I am looking at a 2010 spyder. I believe it is an RT S SE5. It is not being sold by a CanAm dealer. It is at a regular bike dealer and they do not seem to know any thing about it. They dont even know how to start it. While going through the modes I dont have a Radio option. It says AUX input. MP3 player. I do not see any plugs any where to plug in my mp3 player. I see that it has a radio antenna but no radio option. I went through the preferences and enabled the radio but still no luck. Am I not pushing the right buttons or did the 2010 RT S not come with a radio?
    if the screen said Aux you need push the set button on left handlebar to change to radio/am/weather/ipod
    Last edited by happyspyder2039; 06-14-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Spyder Garage

Regarding the mp3 playing input, in the trunk on the right there is an input port but you need the BRP cable/adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny2 View Post

A word of advice.

Note the VIN and take it to a local Spyder dealership and have them check it to see what kind of service record they can find. Ask if they would mind looking it up for you because if you buy it you would most likely have them to do the service work.

There were too many service bulletins issued on the 2010 that you need to make certain everything has been performed before you even begin to think about buying from this source.

This is a great machine but you can't just fly blind when buying a Spyder.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT

I purchased my 2010 RT-S from a non-Can Am dealer ---- not a problem at all. Took it to my regular dealer for checkup and all they did was install latest software/firmware. If you could do the same, should work for you.

Good luck with your new ride. Oh- the original owner of my bike had warranty work done to the bike -- like new throttle body (Think that is what it is called -- something to do with fuel injection - known issue that was fixed prior to my purchase).

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    A word of advice. This is a great machine but you can't just fly blind when buying a Spyder.
    Amen...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Go to http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/...formation.html Click on the view guides link and read the owners manual. That should answer a lot of your questions since the dealer is not knowledgeable.

Here is a link to the Command Center Operators guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...ew?usp=sharing

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Post #6 has great advice. That will get you past the "great unknown."

Your kind of on your own when the dealer does not even know how to start it up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you one and all. My buddy is the one who just bought this bike. Unfortunately he got the fever and just had to have it. Thanks again for all of the advice and suggestions.