• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by BajaRon

  1. BajaRon

    Wonder how this happened, So Sad.

    Very Sad!~
  2. BajaRon

    Ratcheting down a Spyder S2S in a Cargo Trailer - what should I NOT be doing?

    Get the rings mounted on the front. It saves rash or scratches on your wheels and makes the entire strapping down event much quicker and easier. I don't think chalking the wheels is necessary if the strapping is done properly (front and rear). But I suppose it doesn't hurt if you want to take...
  3. BajaRon

    Question for experienced Spyder owners - New F3 vs Used?

    I'd go with a good used Spyder and save the money.
  4. BajaRon

    "Canyon" Belt squeaking, having difficulties with adjustment - any ideas? What am I missing?

    That would be my concern. If the belt is aligned properly at the rear pulley, then there is nothing more to be done. If it is still riding hard against the front pulley flange, something fundamental is misaligned, bent, or otherwise compromised.
  5. BajaRon

    "Canyon" Belt squeaking, having difficulties with adjustment - any ideas? What am I missing?

    Since the Canyon uses the Spyder drive format with the same recommended spec, I would think this to be a good tension. Some will experiment to deal with belt vibration. But if you've got a dampener installed, you should not need to do that.
  6. BajaRon

    "Canyon" Belt squeaking, having difficulties with adjustment - any ideas? What am I missing?

    We find that 220-260 lbs. with the wheel on the ground seems to work well with the 1330 Spyder applications. We haven't done much with the Canyon yet. And the on the ground tension will be higher than the wheel hanging, of course. What does the belt tension measure on the ground?
  7. BajaRon

    Laser Alignment Issues with all A/mkt Wheels - they won't accept alignment tools? Anyone heard this before??

    You got me with this one, Jackhartjr. I had to look up Palaver. Great word! I will hold my opinion as to whether it applies in this situation or not...
  8. BajaRon

    Laser Alignment Issues with all A/mkt Wheels - they won't accept alignment tools? Anyone heard this before??

    He was exactly right! You are in danger of getting better handling, better mileage, better wet traction, and a smoother ride! It is important that you be aware of these dangers. He was just letting you know... ;)
  9. BajaRon

    "Canyon" Belt squeaking, having difficulties with adjustment - any ideas? What am I missing?

    First off, you need to completely ignore whatever the belt may do in reverse. It always wanders off the reservation in reverse and it is meaningless. What is your belt tension? The Lamonster Tensioner is not a tensioner, it is a belt dampener. It will have no effect on where your belt rides on...
  10. BajaRon

    What could cause a fan like noise when shifting into gear from N?

    I agree with the air ride pump possibility. Though describing it as a 'Fan' doesn't seem to fit. It definitely sounds like a high speed pump. But I'd say the squeal is going to be the dreaded alternator issue.
  11. BajaRon

    Intermittent raw gas smell at start-up and goes away after a few minutes - Any thoughts on what to check next?

    Regardless of year or model, the smell of raw gasoline needs to be addressed ASAP. While the 1330 is less susceptible compared to the 998 V-Twin, you still run the very real risk of burning your Spyder to the ground in a big hurry. The Tupperware captures those gasoline vapors within the very...
  12. BajaRon

    Am I being too cheap by Not changing the filters on a low milage oil change?

    More like the kidneys. But we get your drift. The heart would be the oil pump.
  13. BajaRon

    Conventional vs Reverse Trike Discussion

    The answer depends on the person, because the brake system does what it claims to do. If you really need it and can afford it, the answer is 'Yes'. If you don't have to have it but will use it, the system does offer real advantages, so the answer is 'Probably'. If you just think you might want...
  14. BajaRon

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    Running in sub-zero is not the same as starting an engine that is at sub-zero temps. It's only the oil temperature at startup that has bearing on the low number of the 2 in multi-viscosity oil. This is because once you start the engine, the engine heat will bring the oil temperature to...
  15. BajaRon

    Is the Alternator shaft squeal just a nuisance, or is it damaging anything?

    You are absolutely correct! Not sure how I got those swapped because I know better. Thank you for setting this straight for me. I hate it when I make stupid mistakes.
Back
Top