• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

Recent content by baxter

  1. B

    Question for experienced Spyder owners - New F3 vs Used?

    The price for the 2017 sounds to me a bit high compared to newer models that I have seen for sale. There are some deals out there with some owners buying newer bikes and putting all sorts of extras on, then losing interest so they sell just to get rid of it.
  2. B

    New Member Intro & Questions re Upcoming Purchase Decision

    After seven Harleys and one Indian, I reached the point where the left leg was becoming iffy to continue with the big bikes. Decision to either stop riding or find an alternative became an issue. I saw the Spyders one time coming back from a bike trip to Alaska and thought it looked pretty neat...
  3. B

    Service Shock - just about had a heart attack at the bill!

    Yep been down that road. After first oil change now buy from Lamonster for 120 bucks and do it myself. Bought some speed bleeds and did the brake fluid flush myself in no time and lot cheaper.
  4. B

    Anyone else notice the number of low mileage used Spyders on Marketplace? Any ideas why?

    When coming off a two wheeler onto a Spyder, there's a major difference in riding and how one feels riding. More jarring in the handlebars coming from a different suspension set up, now with two wheels in front sending up surface irregularities, and a big tire in rear that is riding on the crown...
  5. B

    Riding Spyder on gravel roads???

    I was on a bike trip in July that took me to Angle Point MN. Which is that little sliver of land that you have to cross the border to get to it by land. I rode on about 70 miles of loose gravel roads to get there and back. No issue except for the dust. First place back into the USA at...
  6. B

    Looking for Navigation options besides ACP - What do you recommend?

    With you having a 2025 bike, hook your phone to the USB in the upper compartment and use Carplay on the bike, using the GPS apps off your phone. I just came off an 8 day trip with my 2024 and it worked for me. I wear a half helmet, so no headphones, I just look down onto the screen to see when...
  7. B

    Too hot to ride, or maybe I’m just getting old

    Thinking back to one of my many July bike trips (that is when I got vacation time), I cut across Death Valley in the afternoon when the temp was 127 deg. Riding was like sticking your head in a oven. It would take your breath away. That was when I was just a young 50 something rider who would do...
  8. B

    Anyone experienced vibrations in their 2026 Sea to Sky Mirrors, like those in earlier 2020+ models?

    My 2020 RTL had the mirror vibrations as well as the current 2024 F3L Limited. What I did was place a rubber washer underneath, between the mirror housing and the bike mating surface, the type of washer you use in garden hose connections.
  9. B

    Wondering about replacing my '21 Spyder with a '26 (or '27) - any thoughts on the newer Spyders being different or better enough to justify the spend?

    I went from a 2022 F3 Limited to a 2024 version. The changes to the handle controls, reverse procedures, large screen for viewing, and what info can be viewed was worth it for me. Sometimes, looking at the price tag isn’t the only thing to consider, but the personal pleasure of having it needs...
  10. B

    Comparing how we ride our Spyders - what does your trip meter say??

    I recently came back from a 3200 mile ride. Many back roads and some Interstate driving. On Interstates, rode at 70-75 mph mostly. On State and County two lane roads, around 63 mph, and on dusty gravel roads, 20-30 mph. I used Trip A daily tracking but left Trip B alone for the entire trip. When...
  11. B

    Can a Spyder replace a motorcycle?

    The touring models like the RTL and F3L do not have much clearance to take on the frost heaves and road construction that you will run into going to Alaska, as they do road work in the summer months and the loose gravel can get pretty deep (I made two trips to Alaska on Harleys, so I know). BRP...
  12. B

    2023 vs 2024-26 Spyder RTL - Worth it?

    Have had both styles, you will like the new features of the new instrument panel and how everything is easier to see. The reverse feature is better than the older style.
  13. B

    Too hot to ride, or maybe I’m just getting old

    Left about a week ago from KY. And went up through IL. MO, IA, SD,ND, MN, Canada, WI, and back to KY. Temps as far North as the border were in mid 90s. International Falls, MN. was to hit 100 the day I left. Hot all over. The fishermen at Angle Inlet were complaining that the lake water...
  14. B

    A post from Lamont on FB...

    Live life on your terms. I have not met you but have heard a lot about you which tells me your one heck of a guy. Go forth with the wind in your face.
  15. B

    2024 Dash Display suddenly changing &/or freezing - anyone else? Any fixes?

    While on trip last week and using google maps, the screen would freeze up, especially when I did not start in the direction that the map wanted, say, when leaving a parking lot or so. I would have to stop and do a restart.
Back
Top